This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I missed out on Black & White, should I play them or just skip to X & Y?

#1HylianKnight1Posted 8/31/2014 12:29:05 AM
Topic
---
Beep boop son, beep boop.
#2Epic_McDudePosted 8/31/2014 12:30:57 AM
I would instead wait for Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
---
"They'll be fighting the army of Epic McDudes. Only the Smash Bros stand a chance against them." -Demon_Acker
#3actuatedkarmaPosted 8/31/2014 12:31:32 AM
Dosent matter. If you are, play black/white 2. More pokemon in it. Then play x/y
---
The black scorpion deck is the only deck of cards for magicians. And the artifice deck. Yes, I am a magician.
Friend safari: clefairy, swirlix, togepi (pm me)
#4AwesomeChairPosted 8/31/2014 12:40:02 AM
B/W actually have a decent story, so they're worth playing for that I'd say.
---
1762-2931-9150
Shuppet-Phantump-Golurk
#5rojsePosted 8/31/2014 2:42:05 AM
AwesomeChair posted...
B/W actually have a decent story

This is a lie.
---
GFAQs Plus: http://s280.photobucket.com/user/rojse/media/Screencap.png.html?sort=3&o=1 PM me if you want to know more.
Official Maxie of ORAS Boards.
#6actuatedkarmaPosted 8/31/2014 2:42:48 AM
rojse posted...
AwesomeChair posted...

This is a lie.

You are a lie.
---
The black scorpion deck is the only deck of cards for magicians. And the artifice deck. Yes, I am a magician.
#7rojsePosted 8/31/2014 2:47:17 AM
You obviously last played in Gen IV, so I'll fill you in.

Black and White are GameFreak's attempt at telling a story. It's terrible, and there's no reason to play it unless you really want legitimate copies of the legendary pokemon exclusive to these games.

Black 2 and White 2 are the games you play if you only like single-player offline stuff besides breeding and training and really want to a new pokemon game right this second. You won't be able to trade online or battle online with any of your pokes until you port them over to X/Y.

X/Y are the games you play if you want to be able to legitimately breed high-quality pokemon, you really want to "collect them all" or you like battling and trading online. You'll also have access to the online features that you can't use in BW + B2W2.

If you wait a few months for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, you'll get the best of both Black 2 and White 2 and X/Y. This is probably your best option unless you want to be playing Pokemon RIGHT NOW, in which case you should probably get X/Y.
---
GFAQs Plus: http://s280.photobucket.com/user/rojse/media/Screencap.png.html?sort=3&o=1 PM me if you want to know more.
#8rojsePosted 8/31/2014 2:48:20 AM
actuatedkarma posted...
rojse posted...
AwesomeChair posted...

This is a lie.

You are a lie.

Please justify why Pokemon Black and White have a good story. Not just "good by Pokemon's abysmally low storytelling standards", but geniunely and legitimately good in and of their own right.
---
#9LexifoxPosted 8/31/2014 2:51:17 AM
BW1 have the best story of the main Pokemon games.
BW2 have the best in-game of the main Pokemon games.

X/Y have the best multiplayer stuff.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#10actuatedkarmaPosted 8/31/2014 2:51:41 AM
rojse posted...
actuatedkarma posted...
rojse posted...
AwesomeChair posted...

This is a lie.

You are a lie.

Please justify why Pokemon Black and White have a good story. Not just "good by Pokemon's abysmally low storytelling standards", but geniunely and legitimately good in and of their own right.

It dosent have some rubbish team trying to achieve world domination. That in itself was a step up.
---