This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I missed out on Black & White, should I play them or just skip to X & Y?

#51AtanaxePosted 9/1/2014 8:15:41 AM
I didn't like white very much at all, It just doesn't feel like a pokemon game. The battles are much more sped up, and none of the new pokemon actually felt like pokemon to me. That said, I do believe it has one of the best "stories" in the pokemon series, which isn't saying much considering gens I-IV really didn't have a whole lot of story to begin with..
---
Fc 3454-2257-5671 Ghost safari: Pumpkaboo, Dusclops, and Shuppet.
-- Self-proclaimed Vileplume of the Pokemon X boards.. ;P
#52LexifoxPosted 9/1/2014 8:38:19 AM
How did it not feel like a Pokemon game, how did the Pokemon not "feel like Pokemon", and what's wrong with faster battles?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#53Epic_McDudePosted 9/1/2014 8:40:57 AM
Atanaxe posted...
I didn't like white very much at all, It just doesn't feel like a pokemon game. The battles are much more sped up, and none of the new pokemon actually felt like pokemon to me. That said, I do believe it has one of the best "stories" in the pokemon series, which isn't saying much considering gens I-IV really didn't have a whole lot of story to begin with..

Go play Diamond or Pearl and then tell me you don't like the sped up battles.
---
"They'll be fighting the army of Epic McDudes. Only the Smash Bros stand a chance against them." -Demon_Acker
#54waterdeepchuPosted 9/1/2014 8:42:38 AM
I think you should not play them, because Black and White have a great story, and black 2 and white 2 have a fantastic post-game. Neither of which you'll find in X/Y (though I fully believe they will address these issues, as they did with 5th gen.)

However Gen 5 is badass so you should probably play it anyway.
---
Friend Code: 2707-2146-0610
Ditto, Kecleon, Lillipup