This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Pokemon was the first Pokemon you grew a strong attachment to and why?

#1MissCarriagePosted 8/31/2014 3:23:25 AM
It doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite or even a former favorite, nor does it necessarily have to be a Pokemon you raised from the main series games.

The first Pokemon I grew a strong attachment to is Seadra. Pokemon Blue was the first Pokemon game I ever played, and Seadra happened to be the first Pokemon that I ever leveled to 100. The way it happened was actually pretty strange now that I think about it, since most new Pokemon players either get their starter to level 100 first or some legendary Pokemon. I chose Bulbasaur as my starter, but for some reason I left it in the PC for a long amount of time and never really trained it much (despite loving all of its evolutionary stages). A Horsea I happened to catch rather late in the game became my powerhouse and helped me breeze through Blaine and Giovanni's gyms, as well as the Victory Road and the Elite 4. I also remember idolizing Misty as a child and wanting to be like her and since Seadra was an evolved form of a Pokemon she owned I felt like I was somehow connected to her in that way (don't ask, I was a strange kid).

Regardless, Seadra is not my all time favorite Pokemon anymore, but it still holds a very dear part of my heart. :)
---
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems and Toxic Seahorses <333
http://i.imgur.com/A1b7oif.jpg
#2LexifoxPosted 8/31/2014 3:24:34 AM
Drowzee and Mr. Mime, oddly.

I could never catch an Abra and Psychic felt OP, so Drowzee felt like a good substitute and Marcel leveled faster, so when I started to get Abra it felt like a better ingame choice.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 3:29:24 AM
Lexifox posted...
Drowzee and Mr. Mime, oddly.

I could never catch an Abra and Psychic felt OP, so Drowzee felt like a good substitute and Marcel leveled faster, so when I started to get Abra it felt like a better ingame choice.

That's really interesting! Most kids I knew thought those two Pokemon were were really creepy. I personally thought Mr. Mime was cute, but I was always uncomfortable with the way Drowzee and Hypno looked. I remember my friends are I freaking out over the Hypno's Naptime episode or whatever it was called. I didn't start to appreciate Drowzee and Hypno until my teenage years.
---
#4Surskit2907Posted 8/31/2014 3:29:30 AM
Wurmple it's the second shiny pokemon that I caught. I used it through the elite four as a dustox. Now I always catch wurmple in petalburg woods in every playthrough of pokemon emerald.
---
Friend Code : 1435-5715-2450 IGN: Non
Rock Safari : magcargo, dwebble and barbaracle.
#5MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 3:31:41 AM
Surskit2907 posted...
Wurmple it's the second shiny pokemon that I caught. I used it through the elite four as a dustox. Now I always catch wurmple in petalburg woods in every playthrough of pokemon emerald.

That's a really sweet story! I used a Dustox when I played through Pokemon Sapphire as well. I don't know of many people who did considering its stats and its pretty strange evolution method from Wurmple!
---
#6Missingno_MastrPosted 8/31/2014 3:32:49 AM
I think it may have been Grimer and Muk. One of my earliest memories of Pokémon was, back when it was just a fad in my school, I decided to watch an episode of Pokémon to see what all the fuss was about, and I think it was Sparks Fly for Magnemite. If memory serves, I loved the part where Ash caught Muk and when Professor Oak reacted to Ash sending it to him, and I think it was a big part of what got me into Pokémon. In fact, the very first Pokémon card I ever got was a Grimer from the Team Rocket expansion. I don't recall exactly what it was about Grimer and Muk that appealed to me, all I know is, I'm pretty sure that evolution line is what got me interested in Pokémon in the first place. Nowadays, neither Grimer nor Muk is my favorite, but they're kinda high up on the list, and their type turned out to be my favorite type. I also have memories of defeating Giovanni (as a Gym Leader) in Yellow with a Muk that knew Mega Drain.
---
http://i.imgur.com/FwcDdyU.png It's a one-hit KO!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error (my fanfic); http://i.imgur.com/sNUEMJj.png (not for trade)
#7Surskit2907Posted 8/31/2014 3:35:33 AM
MissCarriage posted...
Surskit2907 posted...

That's a really sweet story! I used a Dustox when I played through Pokemon Sapphire as well. I don't know of many people who did considering its stats and its pretty strange evolution method from Wurmple!

Because of this I always catch every worm pokemon in every generations but wurmple is the best.

And I remember clearly that wurmple was a first pokemon that I caught too :)
---
Friend Code : 1435-5715-2450 IGN: Non
Rock Safari : magcargo, dwebble and barbaracle.
#8MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 3:36:33 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
I think it may have been Grimer and Muk. One of my earliest memories of Pokémon was, back when it was just a fad in my school, I decided to watch an episode of Pokémon to see what all the fuss was about, and I think it was Sparks Fly for Magnemite. If memory serves, I loved the part where Ash caught Muk and when Professor Oak reacted to Ash sending it to him, and I think it was a big part of what got me into Pokémon. In fact, the very first Pokémon card I ever got was a Grimer from the Team Rocket expansion. I don't recall exactly what it was about Grimer and Muk that appealed to me, all I know is, I'm pretty sure that evolution line is what got me interested in Pokémon in the first place. Nowadays, neither Grimer nor Muk is my favorite, but they're kinda high up on the list, and their type turned out to be my favorite type. I also have memories of defeating Giovanni (as a Gym Leader) in Yellow with a Muk that knew Mega Drain.

I actually didn't know this about you! Love being surprised. :D

I remember seeing Seadra in the anime for the first time and being rather frustrated at its portrayal. It was the Mandi vs. Ash episode during the Indigo League arc of the anime and Mandi's Seadra got absolutely obliterated by Ash's Kingler. I think it only used one move before I fell too. :/ I think that just made me like my Seadra more, though, since I knew it could be a strong Pokemon even if the anime portrayed it as weak.
---
#9MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 3:37:34 AM
Surskit2907 posted...
MissCarriage posted...
Surskit2907 posted...

Because of this I always catch every worm pokemon in every generations but wurmple is the best.

And I remember clearly that wurmple was a first pokemon that I caught too :)

Same with me! I've had a soft spot for seahorses since my attachment with Seadra.
---
#10LexifoxPosted 8/31/2014 3:39:44 AM
MissCarriage posted...
Most kids I knew thought those two Pokemon were were really creepy.

Kids are stupid.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod