This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

geodude is by far the best pokemon in gen 2, what about other gens?

#1lloyd0117Posted 8/31/2014 7:15:38 PM
posted here because those boards are dead.

pretty much what this topic is about is, what pokemon can pretty much carry you through the whole game?

and this is excluding only using one pokemon. we are assuming full teams being used evenly here.

to me,
gen 1 is nidoran for being early, and able to beat brock, surge, eirka(with ice beam), blaine, koga, and giovanni, all without being way over levelled, can be done without x items, and without horndrill.

for gen 2, obviously i think its geodude. gets rock throw by lvl 11, and can solo the first gym as low as lvl 6. then gets magnitude at a low lvl too. he's good for falkner, bugsy, can beat whitney, can beat chuck, jasmine, and price.
not gonna count the kanto gyms.

the other gens, i havent played recently enough to know...
---
"when I'm in the process of doing something, I do it not because I think it's worth doing, but because I'm trying to MAKE it worth doing."
#2Rook_the_RangerPosted 8/31/2014 7:25:41 PM
Vulpix is a god in gen 3 because of the lack of fire types. I had one that killed level 40 things while she was only level 20.
---
Collo nuzlocke time
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3782535/miror-b-encounter-o.gif
#3AlphanumericPosted 8/31/2014 7:26:02 PM
>
---
Anti-Smogon. (sig this to lead a new anti-smogon movement.) Not taking the bulls*** since 2004
http://i.imgur.com/koVytht.jpg
#4NuzlinkPosted 8/31/2014 7:32:48 PM
Rook_the_Ranger posted...
Vulpix is a god in gen 3 because of the lack of fire types. I had one that killed level 40 things while she was only level 20.

You don't really get it early enough though...
---
JUST YOUR TYPICAL MILLIONAIRE HIPSTER, NUZLINK CHALLENGER.
#5supremeblasterPosted 8/31/2014 7:38:00 PM
If we're talking about things that could solo the game easily, there's tons of them.

I've soloed every main game with every starter.
---
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
#6lloyd0117(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 10:26:37 PM
in the op i said not solo. just that having x pokemon would make you win at like 60% of the game without being over lvled
---
"when I'm in the process of doing something, I do it not because I think it's worth doing, but because I'm trying to MAKE it worth doing."