This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think of getting a Powersaves and extra game just for older Pokemon, worth it?

#1DoubleJ9Posted 9/1/2014 4:42:36 AM
I started playing Pokémon with the original Red and have played off and on over the years. X got me more back into the series due to how many new features there are and the graphics upgrade. I'm liking the game, but I love all the old #1-#300ish Pokémon (especially Mew!) and would like to have them in X.

I don't really know anyone else who plays these games and I don't play enough/put enough time in to get enough Pokémon to trade for all the original ones. I've been considering picking up an Action Replay to get some of the tradeable only Pokémon, but since I have X digitally, I'd have to buy an extra game too (which I'd just get Y so to have both for the different trades). But that's looking at around $50-$60 to get those two just to download older Pokémon.

I guess I'm just looking for others opinions and powersaves users experience. For you, would it/was it worth the price? Is it easy enough to get the Pokémon you want without breaking your game (breaking as making it too easy)?

As a side note; I wouldn't want to get fully evolved Pokémon. For example I'd rather get a Mew and a Vulpix either at level 1 or around the level my current team is then level and evolve as I play normally.
---
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282
#2Skull_proPosted 9/1/2014 4:48:26 AM
If you hack a a Mew in gen 6 I dunno if it will pass back amd online. OIRC the las mew available was the one you could get in Pokemon Ranch.
---
Everyone should beleive in something. I beleive I'll have another beer.
3DS:4339 2730 2396: Steel Friend Safari
#3JojoNJPosted 9/1/2014 4:54:34 AM
I have it. Personally I love it. I mostly use to shinify and try to get HA pokemon that I can't normally get. There are a lot of h8ers of it. I got it for $30 and think it was worth it. You have to make sure you always back up your file before you do anything in it though. For how you are playing, which is not often, I would almost suggest trying to find someone to trade with. Whatever you decide, good luck. :)
---
My FC 4098-3506-9765----ign: Denise---mii name Jojo. Psychic safari. Jon/Olivia FC- 2509-2579-1549 Dragon safari.
*Live every day as if it were your last*
#4DoubleJ9(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 5:01:04 AM
JojoNJ posted...
I have it. Personally I love it. I mostly use to shinify and try to get HA pokemon that I can't normally get. There are a lot of h8ers of it. I got it for $30 and think it was worth it. You have to make sure you always back up your file before you do anything in it though. For how you are playing, which is not often, I would almost suggest trying to find someone to trade with. Whatever you decide, good luck. :)

So if I create a pokemon, Mew for example, using Y and then transfer him to my pokebank and then retrieve him for my X game there's still a chance that it will corrupt my X save file?
And I can understand people hating the thought of using powersaves (I remember the game genie days lol) and I'd prefer to just do it legitimately, but powersaves seems like an easier and less time consuming method for me.
---
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282
#5Gameandwatch2Posted 9/1/2014 5:07:47 AM(edited)
If you're worried about "breaking" the game by making it too easy to get all of the Pokemon, then don't get it, since you seem like somebody who actually enjoys putting a little effort into getting their Pokemon.

It's really not difficult to find people to trade with for the event legendaries and such, and if you want the older, non-event Pokemon, simply sticking certain desirable species of Pokemon (Like Vivillon) on the GTS can get you practically anything with a little time.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Flying Safari: Swanna, Spearow, Doduo)
#6Epic_McDudePosted 9/1/2014 5:07:33 AM
Skull_pro posted...
If you hack a a Mew in gen 6 I dunno if it will pass back amd online. OIRC the las mew available was the one you could get in Pokemon Ranch.

It seems there was also one in 2010, actually: http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/151.shtml

And also if you had a cheat device for Gameboy Advance, you could use it to give yourself the Old Sea Map and catch Mew in-game that way. Although this one is either considered illegitimate or semi-legit, kind of like Azure Flute Arceus.
---
"They'll be fighting the army of Epic McDudes. Only the Smash Bros stand a chance against them." -Demon_Acker
#7JojoNJPosted 9/1/2014 7:34:15 AM
DoubleJ9 posted...
JojoNJ posted...

So if I create a pokemon, Mew for example, using Y and then transfer him to my pokebank and then retrieve him for my X game there's still a chance that it will corrupt my X save file?
And I can understand people hating the thought of using powersaves (I remember the game genie days lol) and I'd prefer to just do it legitimately, but powersaves seems like an easier and less time consuming method for me.

That's not what I meant. Sometimes the powersaves corrupts. I had it happen twice, but you just start a new game, save, then reload backup from powersaves and all is fine. Ii freaked the first time it hhappened, but at least there was a fix. :)
---
My FC 4098-3506-9765----ign: Denise---mii name Jojo. Psychic safari. Jon/Olivia FC- 2509-2579-1549 Dragon safari.
*Live every day as if it were your last*