This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Describe that feeling

#1OfficerViPosted 9/1/2014 3:52:14 PM
When you loss a battle.

Ive been on a roll all day. But then this dude just comes and wrecks my s***. Granted his team was op and my eevees never stood a chance againt Mama Khan,Landorus and Steel Arceus. But it did bring me down a little seeing my eevees bullied like that.

So when that inevitable loss comes how does it make you feel.
post a picture or just describe it verbally.
---
Cupcake Lover and Certified Face Puncher
#2AwkwardTurtle26Posted 9/1/2014 3:54:01 PM
When I loose I try to find my mistakes and then congratulate the winner because at the end of the day, It's just a battle! I mean, unless you were fighting for VGC, then you'd feel bad but there's always a next time right?
---
3DS FC: 3497-0237-1668 IGN:Awkward - Ghost Safari: Lampent, Phantum, Golurk. TSV: 4059 & 4022 - Shiny List: http://goo.gl/autFqy
Black 2 FC: 3010-9566-6359
#3OfficerVi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 3:54:23 PM
Ugh I forgot to add how I felt

http://tinyurl.com/q6tr7bx
---
#417MasterPosted 9/1/2014 3:57:34 PM
Depends on how the loss went.

If I get completely curbstomped, I go into a state of dejection for a minute, wondering if I even have any business playing the game.

If it was a real close match and I lose out in the end, I just smile and keep moving. It happens, learn and push forward.

If the loss was due to a lot of bad luck, I get pretty frustrated and wonder why I play such a game when there are games out there that are much less RNG reliant.
---
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-143136832
I pour one for the Captain, ZelionX, Lonta, Swags, and Severa. Never forgotten.
#5OfficerVi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 3:58:00 PM
AwkwardTurtle26 posted...
When I loose I try to find my mistakes and then congratulate the winner because at the end of the day, It's just a battle! I mean, unless you were fighting for VGC, then you'd feel bad but there's always a next time right?

I usually congratulate my opponent. I didn't in this situation because of Mama Khan gets no love from me. It wasn't for VGC just a combination of battle spot and passerbys.
---
#6Keyblades4RealPosted 9/1/2014 4:01:57 PM
I honestly don't care about losing restricted battles with normal rules. I have yet to be beaten in an unrestricted one in which the fifty levels they shave off of my Pokémon are permitted.
---
FC:280989734954 IGN: Pizza Sprite Name: "Torri"
#7FuneralCakePosted 9/1/2014 4:03:01 PM
Every loss is a learning experience. I don't get mad if I lose. I look at what I could have done better.
---
UNlCORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD
#8TalesOfXAndYPosted 9/1/2014 4:07:21 PM
17Master posted...
Depends on how the loss went.

If I get completely curbstomped, I go into a state of dejection for a minute, wondering if I even have any business playing the game.

If it was a real close match and I lose out in the end, I just smile and keep moving. It happens, learn and push forward.

If the loss was due to a lot of bad luck, I get pretty frustrated and wonder why I play such a game when there are games out there that are much less RNG reliant.

---
Official Mega Sceptile of every Goddamn Board. #MegaSalamenceOP
FC:3540-1140-9837 IGN:Barry
#9OfficerVi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 4:09:11 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Every loss is a learning experience. I don't get mad if I lose. I look at what I could have done better.

Yea but there are just some situations were it seems your opponent has a team designed around f****** up your team.. While some people might see that as learning experience and pick stronger pokemon. Im one of those people that only battle with pokemon that interest me and a lot of meta picks don't interest me.
---
#10FuneralCakePosted 9/1/2014 4:11:00 PM
OfficerVi posted...
FuneralCake posted...

Yea but there are just some situations were it seems your opponent has a team designed around f****** up your team.. While some people might see that as learning experience and pick stronger pokemon. Im one of those people that only battle with pokemon that interest me and a lot of meta picks don't interest me.

Well, you can look at it two ways.

a) Your team isn't good enough and you need to change something about it.
2) If you don't want to change your team, you realize that you're not going to win every battle. There are going to be teams that you're not going to be able to beat, and that's okay.
---
UNlCORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD