This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lost to a super cocky and arrogant player. Want to finish a team so I'm good.

#1ZeroArcheryPosted 9/1/2014 3:35:47 PM
Yo.

So like, I only have four competitive ready pokes. And so I was multi-battling some friends for fun and put in two random pokes I found to finish off the team for the hell of it.

So there's this guy who's constantly messaging me bragging how much better he is than me and continuously talking down to me. No big deal, I'm a grown-ass man. I can take a bit of trash talk.

Well after those multi-battles I had with friends he some reason was online and sent a battle request. Me being a dumbass knowing I don't have six ready pokes battles anyway.

So I lose by two pokes first round, and one the second. So he wins 2/3. Well I hate myself because I know that I could have won were I not to have used a Glaceon that had bite and swift.

So I'm here asking for tips on what Pokemon I should use to even out the team.

My four pokes are:

Infernape - Jolly
Perf IVs cept Sp. Atk
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Thunder Punch
Mach Punch

Gardevoir - Modest
Perf IVs cept Atk and Def
Focus Blast
Moonblast
Thunderbolt
Psyshock

Mega Mawile - Adamant
Perf IVs cept Sp. Atk
Power-Up Punch (changing to Swords Dance soon)
Iron Head
Play Rough
Sucker Punch

Luxray - Adamant
Perf IVs cept Sp. Atk
Crunch
Facade
Wild Charge
Thunder Wave
(I would have Superpower but no Move Tutor in Gen VI and breeding IVs is a b**** in Gen IV/V.)

Luxray also uses Guts/Flame Orb combo there.

So what Items should I have my pokes hold? What two Pokemon could even out the team? I'm thinking a dark type or something to help cover some bases.

Any advice would be helpful.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#2rojsePosted 9/1/2014 3:38:28 PM(edited)
You know that in Battle Spot you can just pack six uber pokemon. It might not seem very sporting but if you don't bring the best pokemon you possibly can you're actually just insulting your opponent.
---
GFAQs Plus: http://s280.photobucket.com/user/rojse/media/Screencap.png.html?sort=3&o=1 PM me if you want to know more.
Official Maxie of ORAS Boards.
#3JRxHawksPosted 9/1/2014 3:40:53 PM
rojse posted...
You know that in Battle Spot you can just pack six uber pokemon. It might not seem very sporting but if you don't bring the best pokemon you possibly can you're actually just insulting your opponent.

I disagree with your last sentence. Example vgc championship
---
IGN Auggie 0232-8831-0722
Breeder/Genner for GE: OKAS --- KCCO!!!!!
#4sintrial09Posted 9/1/2014 4:43:04 PM
JRxHawks posted...
rojse posted...

He's Right. Bring something to support that Mawlie like a bulky Gourgeist.
---
Anti-Smogon. (sig this to lead a new anti-smogon movement.) Not taking the bulls*** since 2004
Pokemon X/Y FC:2466-1851-8888 IGN God Of Pro. TSV: 4042
#5rojsePosted 9/1/2014 4:54:55 PM(edited)
JRxHawks posted...

Counter-argument:
1) Pachirisu fitted extremely well into the winner's VGC team. It was not a weak pokemon in that context.
2) It was an extremely limited battle format and deliberately excluded many mons, including nearly all of the most powerful legendary pokemon including Kyogre, Xerneas, and Arceus. Passerby battles do not exclude legendaries, there is no reason not to use them unless you hold antiquated views on "fair play".
3) That was doubles, this is presumably singles.
---
GFAQs Plus: http://s280.photobucket.com/user/rojse/media/Screencap.png.html?sort=3&o=1 PM me if you want to know more.
Official Maxie of ORAS Boards.
#6speckledpanda_1Posted 9/1/2014 4:59:30 PM
Take focus blast off Gardevoir and give her protect, and give infernape fire punch instead of flare blitz. Assuming you're running life orb on Infernape that + flare blitz is a LOT of recoil, especially considering fire punch + iron fists is only like 30 damage less I believe.
#7JRxHawksPosted 9/1/2014 5:15:24 PM
rojse posted...
JRxHawks posted...

Counter-argument:
1) Pachirisu fitted extremely well into the winner's VGC team. It was not a weak pokemon in that context.
2) It was an extremely limited battle format and deliberately excluded many mons, including nearly all of the most powerful legendary pokemon including Kyogre, Xerneas, and Arceus. Passerby battles do not exclude legendaries, there is no reason not to use them unless you hold antiquated views on "fair play".
3) That was doubles, this is presumably singles.

Fair enough but counter counter argument point two is obvisously thrown out bc of the fact that he is using all ou/uu pokes (not sure if mega mawile not currently informed on smogon) if he wanted to win obviously you just use all ubers. And the fact he was just playing with friends probably leans towards the fact he wasn't playing super competitive but just having a enjoyable FFA.
---
#8JarickoPosted 9/1/2014 5:20:59 PM
JRxHawks posted...
rojse posted...

VGC is a completely different format from battle spot.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#9JRxHawksPosted 9/1/2014 5:48:02 PM
Jaricko posted...
JRxHawks posted...
rojse posted...

I wasn't saying the format I was saying the use of non typical pokes. Ie pachurisu in a team of ou
---
#10JarickoPosted 9/1/2014 5:50:49 PM
JRxHawks posted...
Jaricko posted...
JRxHawks posted...
rojse posted...

I wasn't saying the format I was saying the use of non typical pokes. Ie pachurisu in a team of ou

Well if its doubles with exception to VGC you can largely use whatever you want. Its not as restrictive as singles is. It does not surprise me at all that pachirisu worked. Its why i like doubles over singles.

I am working on a team for the next game already. I already have heliolisk and sceptile bred for it. Still deciding on the other 4.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "