This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny Pokemon during Poke-Radar Up-beat Music

#1CapekiwiPosted 9/1/2014 10:27:05 PM(edited)
Last night, I was chaining for a shiny Altaria on route 21 (I already had one from the Ruby game but was trying for a Kalos Born one). After the chain of about 9, the poke-radar music suddenly became more up-beat of a tune. Now after reading on sites, including serebii, I was aware that it meant the chance of encountering a shiny was high.

The first grass patch that the up-beat poke-radar swarm wasnít a good patch so I reseted the radar and that up-beat music still continued. I see 4 grasses shake, and one of them appealed to me, no shiny patch, just a normal patch. I entered this patch and the pokemon I had being chaining (Altaria) ended up being a shiny in a normal patch with that up-beat music. I know what a shiny patch looks and sounds like (as I have already gotten 3 shiny pokemon from it already) and there was no sign of a shiny patch apart from that up-beat poke-radar music. After catching the shiny Altaria, the chain continued but I broke it at a chain of 20.

I am now guessing the up-beat music doesnít show shiny patches like people expected it to, either way, I wish I had recorded this as I didnít expect that to happen.
---
Pokemon Event List: http://tinyurl.com/Capekiwi
TSV: 2344 (X Version) & 1107 (Y Version)
#2FuneralCakePosted 9/1/2014 10:29:04 PM
I've never had any luck with this. Every time I get the special music, it either goes away almost immediately, or I don't get any shinies from any of the normal patches.

The only shinies I've got from chaining have been from shiny patches.
---
UNlCORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD
#3Capekiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 11:38:17 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I've never had any luck with this. Every time I get the special music, it either goes away almost immediately, or I don't get any shinies from any of the normal patches.

The only shinies I've got from chaining have been from shiny patches.

I never had much luck with the poke-radar, I always mess up between the chains of 20 and 30. All 3 shiny Pokemon I successfully chained came from the Pokemon Village area (Zororak x 2 and Ditto x 1). I once had a sparkle patch in that area, went into it and it said no pokemon was there. I was gutted as it would have been the first poke-radar shiny for me ever.

I always thought that the sparkle patches are the shiny form of the pokemon you are chaining. I guess with the up-beat tune of the Poke-Radar music, it seems that this is not always the case. I once ran into a shiny on the first patch of grass (well it actually happen 3 times within 30 minutes after messing up the chains).
---
Pokemon Event List: http://tinyurl.com/Capekiwi
TSV: 2344 (X Version) & 1107 (Y Version)