This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny Pokemon during Poke-Radar Up-beat Music

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Shiny Pokemon during Poke-Radar Up-beat Music

User Info: Capekiwi

Capekiwi
2 years ago#1
Last night, I was chaining for a shiny Altaria on route 21 (I already had one from the Ruby game but was trying for a Kalos Born one). After the chain of about 9, the poke-radar music suddenly became more up-beat of a tune. Now after reading on sites, including serebii, I was aware that it meant the chance of encountering a shiny was high.

The first grass patch that the up-beat poke-radar swarm wasnít a good patch so I reseted the radar and that up-beat music still continued. I see 4 grasses shake, and one of them appealed to me, no shiny patch, just a normal patch. I entered this patch and the pokemon I had being chaining (Altaria) ended up being a shiny in a normal patch with that up-beat music. I know what a shiny patch looks and sounds like (as I have already gotten 3 shiny pokemon from it already) and there was no sign of a shiny patch apart from that up-beat poke-radar music. After catching the shiny Altaria, the chain continued but I broke it at a chain of 20.

I am now guessing the up-beat music doesnít show shiny patches like people expected it to, either way, I wish I had recorded this as I didnít expect that to happen.
Pokemon Event List: http://tinyurl.com/Capekiwi
TSV: 2344 (X Version) & 1107 (Y Version)

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
2 years ago#2
I've never had any luck with this. Every time I get the special music, it either goes away almost immediately, or I don't get any shinies from any of the normal patches.

The only shinies I've got from chaining have been from shiny patches.
UNlCORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD

User Info: Capekiwi

Capekiwi
2 years ago#3
FuneralCake posted...
I've never had any luck with this. Every time I get the special music, it either goes away almost immediately, or I don't get any shinies from any of the normal patches.

The only shinies I've got from chaining have been from shiny patches.

I never had much luck with the poke-radar, I always mess up between the chains of 20 and 30. All 3 shiny Pokemon I successfully chained came from the Pokemon Village area (Zororak x 2 and Ditto x 1). I once had a sparkle patch in that area, went into it and it said no pokemon was there. I was gutted as it would have been the first poke-radar shiny for me ever.

I always thought that the sparkle patches are the shiny form of the pokemon you are chaining. I guess with the up-beat tune of the Poke-Radar music, it seems that this is not always the case. I once ran into a shiny on the first patch of grass (well it actually happen 3 times within 30 minutes after messing up the chains).
Pokemon Event List: http://tinyurl.com/Capekiwi
TSV: 2344 (X Version) & 1107 (Y Version)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Shiny Pokemon during Poke-Radar Up-beat Music

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived