This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm worried that there will be too many megas at some point.

#11lloyd0117Posted 9/2/2014 7:20:31 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
They're great, and I love them, but with every new one made, it's going to be harder to decide which one to use.

there already are too many. 1 was too many.
---
"when I'm in the process of doing something, I do it not because I think it's worth doing, but because I'm trying to MAKE it worth doing."
#12HandshakeGuyPosted 9/2/2014 7:22:21 AM
HandshakeGuy posted...
TC, I agree. I'm a little worried Megas are going to be the go-to for balance and lolFreak will create chaos with a bunch of OP 'mons because they suck at balance, at least for singles. I think it's nice when Pokemon shine through their niches rather than a 100 point stat dump.

But whatever, I guess I could just not use them. I just think too many will break the already scotch-taped-together balance.

My point is not so much balance, but having to choose between favourites, or even which would be better for a team. I play doubles, so balance is less of an issue for me (though Talonflame has caused me to change my team a few times).

Even in that case, I have like two dozen favorites so I can't fit them all on one team regardless. I just cycle through ones I like, only difference is i can only use one Mega at a time.
---
Pokemon Friend Safari - IGN: Percy | FC: 3754-7694-7724
Poison: Gloom, Ariados, Muk - Will add anyone!
#13SuprSaiyanRockr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 7:24:25 AM
lloyd0117 posted...
They're great, and I love them, but with every new one made, it's going to be harder to decide which one to use.

there already are too many. 1 was too many.

You kidding?
Megas were what brought me from 'oh, another pokemon game' to 'OH HELL YEAH A REASON TO PLAY'.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr - http://www.youtube.com/user/SuprSaiyanRockr
3DS FC: 3093-7125-1394
#14SuprSaiyanRockr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 7:25:01 AM
HandshakeGuy posted...
HandshakeGuy posted...
TC, I agree. I'm a little worried Megas are going to be the go-to for balance and lolFreak will create chaos with a bunch of OP 'mons because they suck at balance, at least for singles. I think it's nice when Pokemon shine through their niches rather than a 100 point stat dump.

But whatever, I guess I could just not use them. I just think too many will break the already scotch-taped-together balance.

My point is not so much balance, but having to choose between favourites, or even which would be better for a team. I play doubles, so balance is less of an issue for me (though Talonflame has caused me to change my team a few times).

Even in that case, I have like two dozen favorites so I can't fit them all on one team regardless. I just cycle through ones I like, only difference is i can only use one Mega at a time.

Exactly! :D
---
#15celticpride6Posted 9/2/2014 7:32:52 AM
Gen seven will probably make it two Megas per team when they reach around 100 or so.
---
there's always money in the banana stand!
#16HandshakeGuyPosted 9/2/2014 7:34:00 AM
celticpride6 posted...
Gen seven will probably make it two Megas per team when they reach around 100 or so.

I dunno, maybe. Apparently in the dev stages of Gen 3 they were planning on allowing 7 Pokemon per team. That would've been some s***
---
Pokemon Friend Safari - IGN: Percy | FC: 3754-7694-7724
Poison: Gloom, Ariados, Muk - Will add anyone!
#17ThornAernoughtPosted 9/2/2014 8:16:27 AM
HandshakeGuy posted...
PokemonFan1294 posted...
And 719 different ones isn't?

If you mean that there are 719 Pokemon to choose between for a team, that's a little untrue. I guess you /could/ use a Chikorita on a team, but that's pretty unrealistic.

It is good that they suck for balance in singles. Hopefully people will realize that singles is inherently unbalanced and more will play doubles, triples, etc.
---
"It's a f***ing chaos snake, Glove!"
#18AysanderPosted 9/2/2014 8:22:18 AM
ThornAernought posted...
HandshakeGuy posted...
PokemonFan1294 posted...

If you mean that there are 719 Pokemon to choose between for a team, that's a little untrue. I guess you /could/ use a Chikorita on a team, but that's pretty unrealistic.

It is good that they suck for balance in singles. Hopefully people will realize that singles is inherently unbalanced and more will play doubles, triples, etc.

Sadly, too many people believe Singles should be the sole online playstyle, and it's the pinnacle of strategy. And then they actually try doubles or triples and rage that their usual strats don't work. Like "Talonflame erryhing" or Thundurcancer actually make battles fun :/
---
I Lied, totally changing this part of my signature, but I still want a Legendia R.
Official Darke Masher of ALL Tales Boards.
#19EDragonTempestPosted 9/2/2014 8:23:29 AM
Aysander posted...
ThornAernought posted...
HandshakeGuy posted...
PokemonFan1294 posted...

Sadly, too many people believe Singles should be the sole online playstyle, and it's the pinnacle of strategy. And then they actually try doubles or triples and rage that their usual strats don't work. Like "Talonflame erryhing" or Thundurcancer actually make battles fun :/

thunducancer is still cancer in doubles
---
Dragon Ruler Of Storms
#20SuprSaiyanRockr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 4:39:51 PM
EDragonTempest posted...
Aysander posted...
ThornAernought posted...
HandshakeGuy posted...
PokemonFan1294 posted...

thunducancer is still cancer in doubles

And Talonflame still shuts down entire types if you're not prepared.
---