This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How will the new Pal Park/Poke Transfer work?

#1KayubePosted 1/8/2013 2:15:50 PM
Obviously we don't know for sure, but it's worth speculating about it. If you have the game downloaded on the 3DS might you be able to transfer directly on one system, similar to Pal Park? If you do need two systems, could the transfer program be used on a DS instead of just a 3DS since Gen V is on DS? I'm hoping that we'll be able to move Pokemon forward without having to get a second 3DS.
---
This signature intentionally left blank.
#2XashowdPosted 1/8/2013 2:41:56 PM
Likely the same as 5th Gen, only this time let's not have Items barred, and allow pokemon with staple HMs, like Fly and Surf, to cross the threshold WITHOUT needing to remove the HM move. Seriously, that's ridiculous. I want my Surfing Raichu to cross the Generation gap, dammit!
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#3HalecticPosted 1/8/2013 4:05:24 PM
It would probably work the same way you transfer from DQM:J and DQM:J2 to DQM:TW

You download a app that stores the data from one game and sends it to the other game.
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#4Finale_WandererPosted 1/9/2013 12:00:19 AM
I like the idea of an app.... I just hope its free.
---
Recently supporting Sony products again. Just got a PS3 and a PSP.
#5pikachuboy7Posted 1/9/2013 5:54:33 PM
Honestly I'm hoping for no transfer at all, before you call me insane I'll explain myself

1. If they don't let you transfer, then they may be able to rebalance Pokemon stats with things like removed moves and such

2. Whenever I transfer Pokemon... they just sit in my box and don't get used

3. Transfer made it too easy to complete the Pokedex... unlike GTS which unless you have infinite lv9 or under title legends you can't use efficiently

4. If they get rid of transfer they can make the region HUGE and include all of the Pokemon including past legends (some as version exclusives)
-side point with the version exclusives wouldn't it be awesome if some of the Trios were exclusive like Gen 5 Musketeers only in X and Gen 1 Birds only in Y

let the hate comments begin
---
Platypi will rule the world
#6TeremeiPosted 1/14/2013 3:03:46 PM
I don't hate you, but one of the reasons that pokemon sells real well is not many of them have much more than 250 pokemon and you have to keep upgrading and upgrading. I won't die if I can't transfer but I just got heartgold and I will be playing a ton to get about 10-12 special pokemon (like gen 1, 2, and 3 starters and a couple legendaries). I would like all of that hard work to be transferable.
---
last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing: FFVII (PSN/PSPgo), various apps
#7Phantom_NookPosted 1/14/2013 3:11:12 PM
I hope that this time they just transfer instead of making me play some game that wastes my time.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#8PinxedPosted 1/14/2013 4:46:32 PM
pikachuboy7 posted...
Honestly I'm hoping for no transfer at all, before you call me insane I'll explain myself

1. If they don't let you transfer, then they may be able to rebalance Pokemon stats with things like removed moves and such

2. Whenever I transfer Pokemon... they just sit in my box and don't get used

3. Transfer made it too easy to complete the Pokedex... unlike GTS which unless you have infinite lv9 or under title legends you can't use efficiently

4. If they get rid of transfer they can make the region HUGE and include all of the Pokemon including past legends (some as version exclusives)
-side point with the version exclusives wouldn't it be awesome if some of the Trios were exclusive like Gen 5 Musketeers only in X and Gen 1 Birds only in Y

let the hate comments begin

I want this. Sure, my level 100 Salamence all the way from XD won't follow me, but this could also be the reason for removing IVs and stuff. It's not necessarily difficult to train to 100, and a new start will be fresh. Plus including all the past Legends will make more game play opportunity! :3
---
Hobbits are Tolkien minorities.
Official Weavile of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
#9NintenfreakPosted 1/15/2013 9:31:53 AM
I don't like how the game works isn't a good enough reason to keep Pokemon from traveling from Gen 5 to Gen 6. At this point if it's possible, there are so many Pokemon they just about have to do it.

also IVs matter far less than EVs and Natures so I don't know why they get so much hate from people who don't seem to care all that much about the metagame.
---
http://the-toadman.deviantart.com
The Toyetic Toadman. It's good for our wallet. Not yours.
#10NintenfreakPosted 1/15/2013 11:30:48 AM
Addendum: If they did get rid of IVs, I don't know how it necessarily follows that what replaces them will be better.
---
http://the-toadman.deviantart.com
The Toyetic Toadman. It's good for our wallet. Not yours.