This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should X and Y have a reliable in game way to get hidden abilities?

#1galaxiadarknessPosted 1/31/2013 2:44:14 PM
Should X and Y have a reliable in game way to get hidden abilities? - Results (37 votes)
Yes.
91.89% (34 votes)
No.
8.11% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think yes, because the difficulty in getting these abilities encourages cheating for competitive battlers or people who just want to build good teams.

Also, share your thoughts on how this could be implemented well.
---
GameFAQs, where the term "Karma Sucks" doesn't apply.
#2Faust_8Posted 1/31/2013 6:38:33 PM
Make the two parents hold a copy of some kinda rare item. If both parents hold it, boom, hidden ability when it hatches.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#3CharizardFirePosted 2/1/2013 12:03:16 AM
Make it so that male Pokémon and genderless Pokémon can pass down hidden abilities when breeding with Ditto.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#4newboydannyPosted 2/1/2013 4:53:53 AM
I think it OK with the way it is now (Events, DW/DR, and Hidden Grotto), but then again I was also partly sadden when I herd that TM's can be used multiple times from gen.4 to 5. The value of TM's became nothing and every one was using Earth Quake.

That little bit aside. Maybe you can receive a rare item after completing the regional Pokedex (like the egg charm). Then give that item to one of the Pokemon in a daycare for a chance of having a breeded Pokemon with it's hidden ability (like the everstone before B2/W2).

Its an easier method, yet you still have to work hard for it.
---
My 3DS FC: Is a secret to everybody...
Twitter @DJ_star_knight
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 2/3/2013 2:24:00 PM
Even if I have to pay ludicrous amounts of money to change my Pokemon's abilities to Hidden Abilities, I would love it.
*looks at Blaziken and Lugia*
I'd love it a lot...
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg