This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X and Y GTS Spammers

#1DylanrockinPosted 7/13/2013 4:08:04 AM
We all know that there is going to be a new GTS - http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/pss/

But will there by more people spamming the crap out of it with incredibly dumb Pokemon, and requesting LV 7 and under Legendaries? I think, oh my god yes there will be, and that's not a good thing. Do you think that will be the case? I know spammers are getting boners to the idea, I'm sure.
#2reannamatorPosted 7/13/2013 7:39:22 AM
Oh, probably.

I like the idea of the random trade function-- in which it's a surprise what Pokemon you get. Unfortunately everyone will probably be trolling with "useless" Pokemon or putting in the same common Pokemon in the hopes of getting something for nothing.

But I have hopes that it will still be somewhat useful. I have had some great luck with the GTS in the past, but there's a lot of junk listings to sort through.
#3Firemaster5Posted 7/13/2013 9:53:58 PM
They should really eliminate ridiculous request that involve things that aren't legitimately obtainable like level one Legendaries. It just encourages cheating.
It's nice that we can finally request Pokémon not yet seen or registered in our Pokédexes by typing in the names.
---
If only you were the Mysterious Figure, so you could time-travel back to when this joke was still relevant."~KMAnsem
#4GamingGuru1992Posted 7/14/2013 4:08:53 AM
I don't see why they haven't already implemented something to stop this? They can easily check if a pokemon is legit or not so why cant they do the same with trade requests? Even if they just stopped the under lv9 legendaries, all you have to do is remove that option for people to choose from.

As soon as it cropped up in diamond and pearl it should have been dealt with, but several games later it's still prevalent.
---
PSN: GamingGuru1992
(UK gamer)
#5Dylanrockin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 5:11:38 PM
Hopefully they will make it so that there will be more legitimate options for the GTS in the new games, because I really like the idea of it; its just wasn't done very well because it can be abused terribly. "Let's see I'm looking for a Weavile on the GTS" several results show up, requesting LV 7 and under Zekroms "F*** you dude, like seriously." It also doesn't help that people abuse it to show off their shinies, like seriously who gives a sh**.

However there was this one funny thing that I remember reading about online to, well, troll the trolls. You use a program like Pokesav or Pokedit.com and send yourself the legendary that is requested, but you edit said legendary so that it has 0 IV's in all stats, a negative nature to its primary stat; and all it knows is Splash. Someone has to do that, it would be awesome.
#6MutetwoPosted 7/16/2013 2:47:22 PM
reannamator posted...
Oh, probably.

I like the idea of the random trade function-- in which it's a surprise what Pokemon you get. Unfortunately everyone will probably be trolling with "useless" Pokemon or putting in the same common Pokemon in the hopes of getting something for nothing.

But I have hopes that it will still be somewhat useful. I have had some great luck with the GTS in the past, but there's a lot of junk listings to sort through.

This would be a good idea if Nintendo seet up different teirs for your pokemon, for example
[Legendaries]
[Amazing]
[Great]
[awesome]
[Good]
[Okay]
[Magikarp]
[That one pokemon that is spammed on the first route]
#7reannamatorPosted 7/18/2013 9:12:02 AM
Mutetwo posted...
reannamator posted...
Oh, probably.

This would be a good idea if Nintendo seet up different teirs for your pokemon, for example
[Legendaries]
[Amazing]
[Great]
[awesome]
[Good]
[Okay]
[Magikarp]
[That one pokemon that is spammed on the first route]

Actually, during the 4th gen games I got great results by starting by trading a weak/common Pokemon for a slightly more valuable one in a chain, until I got to a legendary, even a couple event-only legendaries. It's long and fiddly, but satisfying. Starting with a Phanpy caught in D+P, for example, gradually trading up to a Jirachi or something. Presumably the same thing could work for the X and Y GTS.
---
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.