This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Basic Guide for Super Training EV's - Original

#1DontBeHeroPosted 10/14/2013 5:43:31 AMmessage detail
I know itís pretty wordy, but it contains some FAQS to save people some trouble explaining again and again. EV training is actually so easy and there is nothing complicated about it, just tedious. This is also a basic guide that details on the basic and important things only from what i learnt so far :p

OK LETS BEGIN!

You unlock the Super Training Feature immediately after choosing your main Pokemon. The issue here is for those that want to get it on and start training immediately is that your forced to train defense stat as a tutorial for the game, not to mention you need to battle your rival which already may or may not ruined your Pokemon EV depending what youíre going for.

BUT fear not, alas, there is another way around this (EV points can be reseted, keep reading for further explanation), just do as the tutorial says so you can get the gist of it because that's basically the whole mini game doing the same thing over and over again with changed difficulty and opposing enemy.

After you complete the defense EV training tutorial, you then unlock the other EV stats for training. What i recommend is either you complete it all with your starter because you need to complete each mini-game stat to unlock the next level and proceed to do the same until you reach level 3. It is important to get to level 3 as this is the optimum place where u can gain most of your EV points.

EV points given from each level:
- Level 1 gives +4 EV points to trained stat.
- Level 2 gives +8 EV points to trained stat.
- Level 3 gives +12 EV points to trained stat.

This is why itís extremely beneficial to get to level 3 as its makes life so much easier and can get you fully EV trained so quickly. Although, you don't have to if you are having trouble and can train at lower levels, its personal preference really.

Also, while training your get punching bags as drops which is also extremely important to help you get the few odd points youíre missing. There all punching bags for all stats and each punching bag have its own sizes:

EV points give from each Punching Bag:
- Small (S) punching bags give +1 EV points.
- Medium (M) punching bags give +4 EV points.
- Large (L) punching bags give +12 EV points.

To farm punching bags you can get every time you do a mini-game or by tapping the black (default) punching bag. While tapping the default bag, you can get IMPORTANT drops that you need to make life easier. For those who ruined there Pokemon EV training, (you may already had to get to level 3, you can also catch wild Pokemon to complete it for you) who can get a Reset bag (White) which can reset all the Pokemon trained EV to ZERO, this means you can even EV train a fully level 100 Pokemon as many times you like. It's a random drop and common from what i have seen.

You also you can get other bags that can assist you like double the EV points in next mini game you do, and a loose bag that can reduce your EV points in next mini-game, the rest to me are just not worth mention and you can find out yourself :P.

The best way to track your EV progress is by using a Reset bag. You need to save game first, use reset bag and when it reset your EV point to zero it will tell you how much you lost then presto, then you can soft-rest your 3DS and continue training.

Important Punching Bags only need:
- Reset Bag (White) Resets all the EV points of selected Pokemon
- Double Bag (Black with X2 on it) Doubles Gained EV points in next Mini-game
- Loose Bag (Light Bluish) Reduces EV points in next mini-game (still need confirmation)

Also some extra information, there's a new EV cap for each stat which is 252 so you don't have to worry about passing it as it will just stop at 252. This means that the new total EV gained is 510.
---
PSN: DontBeHero
FC: 2277 8055 0840
#2Trupp88Posted 10/14/2013 5:55:30 AMmessage detail
Thanks. Sticky requested.
#3DontBeHero(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:05:32 AMmessage detail
(bump)
---
#4DontBeHero(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 9:07:13 AMmessage detail
woah got lost way fast, bump >_>
---
#5s4ncTUARYPosted 10/14/2013 9:48:29 AMmessage detail
thanks for sharing! awesome info
#6ThunderAce85Posted 10/14/2013 12:01:39 PMmessage detail
this is great thanks so much!
---
---When the going gets tough---
You run home with your tail between your legs.
#7DegraiverPosted 10/14/2013 3:15:57 PMmessage detail
You should also mention that each stat has it own unique ability within the Training games.
Such as the amount of Attack you have determines the amount of points collected per shot, Speed determines the movement speed around the screen, Defense determines the amount of points loss when hit. Special attack determines speed of charging a power shot (I believe), Special defense determines the length of time the shield can be held or recharge time of shield (need confirmation), I have no idea what Hp is used for but may be used as the amount of shot gauge that can be accumulated when not shooting(needs confirmation).

I know this is a basic Tut, but you should mention the Secret training stages available when you have maxed a Pokemon's EVs in which you can gain Items for completing.
#8LCYPosted 10/14/2013 5:28:31 PMmessage detail
Tag and thanks
---
God created man in his own image. And man, being a gentleman, returned the favor
#9xSighxPosted 10/14/2013 7:49:22 PMmessage detail
what a relief that i can be a bit lazy and grind to 252 instead of worrying about mapping out the gains flawlessly so i dont waste 3 evs getting to 255 =)))
---
http://i.imgur.com/62e5bi2.jpg
#10DontBeHero(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 9:39:15 PMmessage detail
Degraiver posted...
You should also mention that each stat has it own unique ability within the Training games.
Such as the amount of Attack you have determines the amount of points collected per shot, Speed determines the movement speed around the screen, Defense determines the amount of points loss when hit. Special attack determines speed of charging a power shot (I believe), Special defense determines the length of time the shield can be held or recharge time of shield (need confirmation), I have no idea what Hp is used for but may be used as the amount of shot gauge that can be accumulated when not shooting(needs confirmation).

I know this is a basic Tut, but you should mention the Secret training stages available when you have maxed a Pokemon's EVs in which you can gain Items for completing.

nice information didn't know they did that >_>, very helpful and if i mention the secret training, it wouldn't be a secret now would it ;] and also i didn't have much word left to write with this limit so i had to pick and choose enough to fit that's relevant to EV training :(
---