This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Basic Guide for Super Training EV's - Original

#21jonnovision1Posted 10/17/2013 12:04:58 PMmessage detail
Degraiver posted...
You should also mention that each stat has it own unique ability within the Training games.
Such as the amount of Attack you have determines the amount of points collected per shot, Speed determines the movement speed around the screen, Defense determines the amount of points loss when hit. Special attack determines speed of charging a power shot (I believe), Special defense determines the length of time the shield can be held or recharge time of shield (need confirmation), I have no idea what Hp is used for but may be used as the amount of shot gauge that can be accumulated when not shooting(needs confirmation).

I know this is a basic Tut, but you should mention the Secret training stages available when you have maxed a Pokemon's EVs in which you can gain Items for completing.

pretty sure every stat increases how much points you get per goal, Attack just increases it more than the others
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN White 2 FC: 5072 5718 1314
#22RPGgamemaster6Posted 10/17/2013 4:00:31 PMmessage detail
jonnovision1 posted...
Degraiver posted...
You should also mention that each stat has it own unique ability within the Training games.
Such as the amount of Attack you have determines the amount of points collected per shot, Speed determines the movement speed around the screen, Defense determines the amount of points loss when hit. Special attack determines speed of charging a power shot (I believe), Special defense determines the length of time the shield can be held or recharge time of shield (need confirmation), I have no idea what Hp is used for but may be used as the amount of shot gauge that can be accumulated when not shooting(needs confirmation).

I know this is a basic Tut, but you should mention the Secret training stages available when you have maxed a Pokemon's EVs in which you can gain Items for completing.

pretty sure every stat increases how much points you get per goal, Attack just increases it more than the others

Confirmed.
---
PSN(Vita) - ChaosX6 | Xbox - Dragonkid6
3DS FC: 5112-3485-8994 [Dragonkid6]
#23JerkalerkaPosted 10/18/2013 1:52:00 PMmessage detail
Someone care to explain how EV works "out in the world"? Ive read a bit but i dont understand it all. Say i want to get alot of speed on a pokemon, should i then attack a pokemon whos EV grant speed? Or can i attack anything and just get bonus speed? You may understand i have no idea what EV really is. Last time i played pokemon was Silver/Gold.
---
Pokemon Y. Safari-type is Flying
FC: 2638-0630-3960
#24xxlbubbleslxxPosted 10/18/2013 6:06:18 PMmessage detail
Jerkalerka posted...
Someone care to explain how EV works "out in the world"? Ive read a bit but i dont understand it all. Say i want to get alot of speed on a pokemon, should i then attack a pokemon whos EV grant speed? Or can i attack anything and just get bonus speed? You may understand i have no idea what EV really is. Last time i played pokemon was Silver/Gold.

EVs take a little bit to get the hang of, but you have the bare basics down.So let's work with your current example: Speed. The maximum number of EVs you can put in any given stat is 252. Now, every 4 EVs grant a +1 to that stat the EVs are in. So 252/4 equals a total stat boost of 63. If you want to put those in Speed in Gen VI you can use the Super Training for +4/8/12 which is really the only way confirmed right now. Pokemon do still give EVs, but their Gen VI payouts are still currently unknown. That info will be update as available.
#25sirtaoPosted 10/19/2013 7:19:51 AMmessage detail
Question: is winning 3 Level 1 minigames the same as winning 1 Level 3 minigame?
---
3DS FriendCode: 0275-7756-5785
"I think it would be impossible for Vega to be a virgin unless Hokuto was an immaculate conception." ^^;- gundamtotoro
#26jonnovision1Posted 10/19/2013 9:15:26 AMmessage detail
sirtao posted...
Question: is winning 3 Level 1 minigames the same as winning 1 Level 3 minigame?

yes, level 1/2/3 minigames give 4/8/12 EVs respectively
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN White 2 FC: 5072 5718 1314
#27Triple_A_KillerPosted 10/20/2013 1:05:00 AMmessage detail
Um, I have a doubt. You mean that in this gen, the max EVs per stat is 510? Meaning that now we can get 1020 EVs in total? Please, I am confused >.<
#28jaws_raPosted 10/20/2013 2:52:31 AMmessage detail
How do you get the reset bag I keep justting bags that rase my stats I max out a pokemon EV I want to reset because I total messed it up
#29Pro7oPosted 10/20/2013 8:36:07 AMmessage detail(edited)
xxlbubbleslxx posted...
Jerkalerka posted...

EVs take a little bit to get the hang of, but you have the bare basics down.So let's work with your current example: Speed. The maximum number of EVs you can put in any given stat is 252. Now, every 4 EVs grant a +1 to that stat the EVs are in. So 252/4 equals a total stat boost of 63. If you want to put those in Speed in Gen VI you can use the Super Training for +4/8/12 which is really the only way confirmed right now. Pokemon do still give EVs, but their Gen VI payouts are still currently unknown. That info will be update as available.

-

The maximum amount of Effort Values you can accrue in any given stat is 255. You are only supposed to use 252 because it is divisible by four. The 63 points will not be fully added on until level 100, so you can expect half of those to be included by level 50, rounded down.

The reset bag appears randomly it's not too hard to find.

I'd also like to add something not in the Original Post, the most efficient way of obtaining bags.
When the Pokemon icon is on its side or you see a speech bubble with an ellipsis, you can tap the Pokemon to set it upright. Then it should send out a smile at which time furiously hitting the bag feeds out tons of Stat Bags (seemingly at random).
---
"Guys Like You Make Us Look Bad"
3869-9741-9235
#30TMeisterJPosted 10/20/2013 12:13:26 PMmessage detail
Here is the list of 6th Gen Pokemon that I have compiled with there according EV's:

Amaura 1 hp
Binnacle 1 atk
Bunnelby 1 spd
Clauncher 1 spa
Dedenne 2 spd
Diggersby 2 hp
Espurr 1 spd
Flabebe 1 sdf
Fletchling 1 spd
Furfrou 1 spd
Gogoat 2 hp
Hawlucha 2 atk
Helioptile 1 spd
Honedge 1 def
Inkay 1 atk
Litleo 1 spa
Meowstic 2 spd
Pancham 1 atk
Quilladin 2 def
Skiddo 1 hp
Scatterbug 1 def
Skrelp 1 sdf
Spewpa 2 def
Tyrant 1 atk
Vivillon 1 hp, 1 spa, 1 spd (await confirmation)

Let me know as you guys find others