This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to breed bulbasaur? (Yes I have him)

#1guts_BattousaiPosted 10/14/2013 8:52:37 AM
I picked bulbasaur, but I want to change it's nature to a more favorable one. I read up on breeding but something that left me confused was when the egg hatched how can I make it guaranteed that I hatch another bulbasaur vs any other Pokemon.

Does the Pokemon he breeds with have to be a ditto?
#2gamemaster712Posted 10/14/2013 8:55:47 AM
Ditto if it's not female. Check serebii.net for compatible Pokemon.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#3elmata316Posted 10/14/2013 8:59:58 AM
You can breed bullbasaur with any pokemon that belongs on the same egg group. Like Roselia and bullbasaur they both are in the same group and they can breed. As long you have a bullbasaur female.
Another method is ditto, since Its genderless it can breed with anyone except legendaries. If you have a bullbasaur male with ditto offspring will be a male bullbasaur.
If you want a good nature egg. It's when you receive the offspring pokmeon and raised and see if you meet what you looking for if not. Reset and repeat again until you get a good one.
I don't know if I missing anything
#4guts_Battousai(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 9:10:14 AM
Ah I see, but my bulbasaur is male so I would have to wait to capture a ditto then?

And basically can I kinda ball park the number of steps I've taken, save before the egg is about to hatch, and reset if I get a sucky nature?
#5guts_Battousai(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 9:26:41 AM
Bump
#6Redstreak42Posted 10/14/2013 9:46:11 AM
elmata316 posted...
You can breed bullbasaur with any pokemon that belongs on the same egg group. Like Roselia and bullbasaur they both are in the same group and they can breed. As long you have a bullbasaur female.
Another method is ditto, since Its genderless it can breed with anyone except legendaries. If you have a bullbasaur male with ditto offspring will be a male bullbasaur.
If you want a good nature egg. It's when you receive the offspring pokmeon and raised and see if you meet what you looking for if not. Reset and repeat again until you get a good one.
I don't know if I missing anything

Unless they've changed it in X and Y, gender is still random when using a Ditto. If you're looking for a specific nature, have the Ditto have the nature that you want and give it an everstone.

Again, assuming that part hasn't changed from B/W. I haven't read into the new breeding mechanics.