This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Amie - A Primer

#31Caidryn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 8:20:01 PMmessage detail
MistleQuill posted...
Has anyone tested whether the effects also apply to link battles?

Either I am extremely unlucky, or they do not. Seems they took them out for balance's sake. ;_;
---
3DS FC: 4339-3331-2595
#32MistleQuillPosted 10/16/2013 8:45:13 PMmessage detail
Caidryn posted...
MistleQuill posted...
Has anyone tested whether the effects also apply to link battles?

Either I am extremely unlucky, or they do not. Seems they took them out for balance's sake. ;_;

Kinda makes sense, as it would completely destroy some strategies ^^' Though I'll be disappointed if I can't pet my pokémon anymore :(
---
Friend Code : 1805 2438 9730 (Ally from Kadsapaw) ^ ^
#33ShirokaidoPosted 10/17/2013 6:33:01 AMmessage detail
I may have stumbled upon something unfortunate: the exp boost you gain from Amie seems to be nulled when utilizing Mega Evolution. I've been testing this with my Charizard at the Chateau and it looks like that may be the one negative of Mega Evolution... Unless someone can direct me to a board noting some other cons of Mega Evolution?
#34Segmented OdinPosted 10/17/2013 11:30:05 AMmessage detail
Anyone know of a way to throw out the old Poke Puffs? I'm full up on them and I get more than I can use.
---
The official nothing of no boards.
#35Caidryn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 4:13:11 PMmessage detail
Segmented Odin posted...
Anyone know of a way to throw out the old Poke Puffs? I'm full up on them and I get more than I can use.

Make sure your Pokemon is full first, so they don't get all pouty about it, then drag them out as if feeding and simply drop them on the ground.
---
3DS FC: 4339-3331-2595
#36zeroexev30Posted 10/19/2013 8:30:27 AMmessage detail
Do you have data yet on determining what poke puff flavor your pokemon likes the most?
---
Mhmm...
3DS Friend Code1504-5823-1760
#37jonnovision1Posted 10/19/2013 9:06:38 AMmessage detail
zeroexev30 posted...
Do you have data yet on determining what poke puff flavor your pokemon likes the most?

there's nothing that implies color/flavor is even relevant
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN White 2 FC: 5072 5718 1314
#38rkenshin13Posted 10/20/2013 9:58:50 AMmessage detail
I don't think it really matters, but I am pretty sure a few times I've seen I feed a pokemon a 4 star puff that they only got 3 stars from it. But I only remember seeing it on Pikachu and I don't think I saw it with a puff that is called a Spicy Puff from the game, my Pikachu's Nature according to bulbapedia it doesn't like Spicy.

At the very least, if it does matter, the effect is so minimal I wouldn't worry about it.

I have a question myself: Tile Puzzle Hard difficulty

So, I'm playing and I get the time down to 1:05, 4 1/2 Stars.

Then I get the bright idea to dual stylus so I don't have to move my pointer so far, my fingers are too fat to use them on the small tiles.

Anyway, I get the time down to 51 seconds and still ONLY 4 1/2 stars. I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but if getting it down to less than 50 seconds doesn't get me 5 stars I feel like something is wrong.

Sorry for that, I did have a question:

Has anyone got 5 stars on it? And if so, what was your record time that got you 5 stars?

Thorngren posted...
My pokemon is asleep in amie and wont wake up. what do i do?

You have to figure out the right spot to tap the screen and they will wake up. It doesn't affect their happiness and what have you by waking them up.

treehugger0123 posted...

On that note, can anyone tell me how to hit that big ball of yarn that shows up at the end? No matter how well I think I've timed it I always miss DX

Yes, it is easier to do with Taller Pokémon. I can't hit it worth anything with Pikachu, however once Torchic evolved I started using him and I was able to hit the ball with extreme accuracy.

Basically, the idea is to tap when the ball of yarn is about to hit the monster's head, for taller pokemon. For smaller ones, I haven't figured out a good way, when I tap for them and it is successful, the ball is almost covering their entire body.

It could be that Blazekin's heigh is perfect for gauging it this way and pokemon that appear taller, you might have to wait slightly longer, I don't know. But hopefully you read this and I was able to help.
---
GT:RPGamer13
PSN: RPGamer13
#39pnsbringPosted 10/20/2013 1:53:58 PMmessage detail
If color and flavor aren't relevant, why is it that only once was I able to feed my starter? I gave him all sorts of Pokepuffs and he refused (and his thought bubble was a Pokepuff) until I gave him one (don't remember color/flavor), which he did eat. Since then, I haven't been able to feed any of my Pokemon.

Also, does anyone know how to trigger the face recognition thing? A little face shows up in the bottom left corner every now and then and flashes, and that seems to be related to my Pokemon asking me to do a face (wink with left eye, smile with mouth open, turn head to right, etc.) I seem to be completely incapable of doing a proper kissy face, unfortunately, so I can never not disappoint my Pokemon.

Some Pokemon also seem to not eat food... my Spewpa doesn't react to Pokepuffs and it doesn't have a hunger meter.
#40rkenshin13Posted 10/20/2013 7:58:55 PMmessage detail
Spewpa is a pokemon in a cocoon/crysallis. Pokemon like that don't eat. I evolved a Caterpi into Metapod and I noticed Metapod wouldn't eat and that is why
---
GT:RPGamer13
PSN: RPGamer13