This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Amie - A Primer

#51HoulePosted 10/23/2013 11:58:47 PMmessage detail
I have a harder time with the berry game than head it since I seem to forget where the berries are in the trees. Headit I get 999 points easily and just try to go through the 100+ chains. I'm curious to see if you can get more than 999 chaining combos
---
http://i.imgur.com/gkcXyfH.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Myf8Yp1.jpg
#52solomaniiPosted 10/24/2013 2:17:42 AMmessage detail
This certainly beats the previous generations method of getting friendship up. A few questions:

· The objects/decorations are purely decorative? Do they have any mechanical impact?
· Should I/or not be putting Puff’s down for visitors? Seems this helps generate gifts and that's it?
· Whenever I put a puff down in the play area it forces all the visitors out – does this matter? Is there a benefit to having visitors around for a long time?

Thanks all. Great game.
#53FFFanatic1234Posted 10/24/2013 5:15:53 PMmessage detail
Friendship /= Affection hearts

The hearts gained from Amie are not friendship. Friendship is still gained like normal.
---
Official Sabin of the Final Fantasy XV board.
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9677-1839
#54solomaniiPosted 10/25/2013 5:36:13 AMmessage detail
Yeah. I just realised. Is there a way to figure out friendship levels?
#55GamingiswutiluvPosted 10/31/2013 11:50:22 AMmessage detail
Another effect of the affection (although I don't know which level it has to be at before it occurs in battle) is curing status problems on it's own (only have experience with paralysis so far, but I assume this goes for the other problems as well).
---
XBL GT: Lord Fader
#56tofanpwPosted 11/7/2013 1:54:44 AMmessage detail
Anyone wanna share their routine? How many times do I have to pet/feed/play to balance their stat? I hate returning to amie main menu every time to check their stat.
---
3DS FC: 4398-9480-2433
#57CyrusStarChaserPosted 11/7/2013 11:57:00 AMmessage detail
So, I'm trying to get my team to max affection. I've been doing very well, and now they are all at four hearts. I was playing with my Absol and saw the little affection-level-up animation, so I went to put it back in its ball - but the screen still has 4 stars!

So, I tried again with my Chestnaught - same thing. I waited and ran around a bit, then tried with my Flygon - same thing. I turned off the game for about half an hour and tried with my Sneasal - same damn thing.

I keep getting the level-up animation, but all of my Pokemon are still at 4 hearts. I tried leveling up my Absol again, by giving her more pets and Puffs but either I'm not playing with her for long enough or what.

Now I do have Pokemon that have 5 hearts, so this error is kinda new to me. Is anyone else having this problem? I tried Goggling it, but I didn't get anything.
#58MistleQuillPosted 11/8/2013 11:09:16 AMmessage detail
CyrusStarChaser posted...
So, I'm trying to get my team to max affection. I've been doing very well, and now they are all at four hearts. I was playing with my Absol and saw the little affection-level-up animation, so I went to put it back in its ball - but the screen still has 4 stars!

So, I tried again with my Chestnaught - same thing. I waited and ran around a bit, then tried with my Flygon - same thing. I turned off the game for about half an hour and tried with my Sneasal - same damn thing.

I keep getting the level-up animation, but all of my Pokemon are still at 4 hearts. I tried leveling up my Absol again, by giving her more pets and Puffs but either I'm not playing with her for long enough or what.

Now I do have Pokemon that have 5 hearts, so this error is kinda new to me. Is anyone else having this problem? I tried Goggling it, but I didn't get anything.

To get from 4 hearts to 5 hearts, they always have to level up twice :)
---
Friend Code : 1805 2438 9730 (Ally from Kadsapaw) ^ ^
#59tofanpwPosted 11/10/2013 3:44:43 PMmessage detail
Got a good routine, pet it till it gives musical note, feed it till its full(it will eat a lot more slowly), play mini games twice, repeat till it has max bond.
---
3DS FC: 4398-9480-2433
#60BJMBBPosted 11/19/2013 5:53:33 PMmessage detail
Puzzle 15 is indeed the threshold for 5-starring Unlimited Tile Puzzle. Keep at it, you'll get it eventually!
---
My, the earth is full of snacks.
3DS FC 0301-9879-4751