This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you spread pokerus to other pokemon?

#1Saq02Posted 10/25/2013 10:36:16 PM
I just got a Rotom with pokerus and i want to get my main pokemon infected. How can I do that ?
---
Playing: Skyrim, Trials Gold Ed, Dishonored, GRID 2, Dirt 3, Gotham City Imposters F2P, Krater.
#2Lord BladePosted 10/25/2013 10:39:30 PM
Put them in the Box together.
---
Pokemon X/Y FC: 0516-7611-6765 -- Trainer Name: Adam -- Safari has Ivysaur & Quilladin
Please PM me your FC if you add me so I can be sure to add you back.
#3Saq02(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 10:40:20 PM
Alright thank you i'll give it a shot.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Trials Gold Ed, Dishonored, GRID 2, Dirt 3, Gotham City Imposters F2P, Krater.
#4HiroshidaPosted 10/25/2013 10:43:06 PM
Lord Blade posted...

No you don't. If you don't know how, don't go around spreading false information.

Pokerus is passed to others via battling. They will infect those in the slots next to them.

Put a Pokerus pokemon in second slot and fifth slot for max effectiveness (so that you can get 4 pokemon infected together)
---
FC: 3969 4513 2614 (FE:A/PxZ/SMTIV/Pokemon X/Y) PSN (PS3 and Vita): MSMrRound (R3 account) Drop me a PM if you added me and I'll add you back.
#5Saq02(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 10:46:29 PM(edited)
Hiroshida posted...
Lord Blade posted...

No you don't. If you don't know how, don't go around spreading false information.

Pokerus is passed to others via battling. They will infect those in the slots next to them.

Put a Pokerus pokemon in second slot and fifth slot for max effectiveness (so that you can get 4 pokemon infected together)

Do i have to enter a wild pokemon battle and switch pokemon back and fourth ?
---
#6DeadLock25Posted 10/25/2013 10:46:17 PM
Hiroshida posted...
Lord Blade posted...

This is correct. Every battle you do has a chance to spread the pokerus (the infected does NOT have to be in the battle, just be in your party)

If you put them in a PC box it actually paused the decay rate of the virus allowing you to preserve it for further spread. The virus only lasts 1-4 days, after which the pokemon is immune to it and cannot spread it, but still gets its benefits. So always have several pokemon in the PC boxes that are infected for further spread.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#7Saq02(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 10:47:44 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
Hiroshida posted...
Lord Blade posted...

This is correct. Every battle you do has a chance to spread the pokerus (the infected does NOT have to be in the battle, just be in your party)

If you put them in a PC box it actually paused the decay rate of the virus allowing you to preserve it for further spread. The virus only lasts 1-4 days, after which the pokemon is immune to it and cannot spread it, but still gets its benefits. So always have several pokemon in the PC boxes that are infected for further spread.

Excellent advice thank you. I'll pass it on to some magikarps.
---
#8HiroshidaPosted 10/25/2013 10:48:15 PM
Saq02 posted...
Hiroshida posted...
Lord Blade posted...

Do i have to enter a wild pokemon battle and switch pokemon back and fourth ?

No, just go into any battles with a strong lead pokemon and sweep them up.

Be sure to deposit your pokerus infected mons into the PC BEFORE midnight or there's a good chance they will lose the active Pokerus status.
---
FC: 3969 4513 2614 (FE:A/PxZ/SMTIV/Pokemon X/Y) PSN (PS3 and Vita): MSMrRound (R3 account) Drop me a PM if you added me and I'll add you back.
#9Saq02(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 10:59:24 PM(edited)
Ok its working now, I have Yveltal, Drapion, and Aerodactyl infected atm, now just Charizard and Zweilous to go.

Btw, an interesting thing i noted is, Charizard and Zweilous are in slot 5 and 6 which both havent gotten infected yet.
---
#10DeadLock25Posted 10/25/2013 11:13:38 PM
Saq02 posted...
Ok its working now, I have Yveltal, Drapion, and Aerodactyl infected atm, now just Charizard and Zweilous to go.

Btw, an interesting thing i noted is, Charizard and Zweilous are in slot 5 and 6 which both havent gotten infected yet.

Yeah it only spreads to pokemon that are right next to the infected one in the party. and that is IF it spreads after a battle.

So if pokemon in slot 4 is infected, there is no way after 1 battle that pokemon in slot 6 will be infected.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent