This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to get mew in pokemon Y or X?

#11andr00skiPosted 11/12/2013 11:57:36 AM
Im pretty sure the internal battery issue means the battery in the game cart is dead or dying. Ive replaced them in my gold and silver carts but never on gba games.
---
Im your only friend, Im not your only friend, But Im a little glowing friend, But really Im not actually your friend, But I am
GT: Androoski69 3DS:431298955096
#12MLBloomyPosted 11/12/2013 12:14:40 PM
The message about the battery in Emerald will not affect transferring Pokemon ahead to a Generation IV game. It will only affect clock based events in the game, like berry growth, the tides in Shoal Cave and the lottery.

If you're not using a Japanese Emerald, though, you might not be able to transfer that Mew to X or Y. Since the Old Sea Map was never distributed outside Japan, if the Pokemon Bank / Transporter filters out hacked Pokemon like advertised, it should be able to tell that your Mew is not legitimate and prevent you from uploading it to the bank.
#13supermichael11(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 1:01:47 PM
MLBloomy posted...
The message about the battery in Emerald will not affect transferring Pokemon ahead to a Generation IV game. It will only affect clock based events in the game, like berry growth, the tides in Shoal Cave and the lottery.

If you're not using a Japanese Emerald, though, you might not be able to transfer that Mew to X or Y. Since the Old Sea Map was never distributed outside Japan, if the Pokemon Bank / Transporter filters out hacked Pokemon like advertised, it should be able to tell that your Mew is not legitimate and prevent you from uploading it to the bank.

What the, this is terrible. I have the USA version, so that means that the USA version was never suppose to get mew in the first place. Seems I be forced to buy Pokemon ranch if I want mew or I can wait for mew to be available in event if it ever appears.

Thanks for letting me know, I just wait for pokebank to come out.

I still can't believe that Nintendo or gamefreak doesn't release every pokemon from event, making it impossible to catch legit outside Japan.
---
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum
http://midnighttavern.forumotion.com/ Must be over 18 years old to join.
#14Jahozafat117Posted 11/12/2013 1:04:45 PM
MLBloomy posted...

I would counter this argument by saying that the hack scan would most likely search for flat out hacked into your possession pokemon, if TC hacked an event so he could catch mew in the wild, then I think it would be allowed into the bank, I have an Arceus and Darkrai obtained using this method, and as far as I can tell the items to activate those events were never released in the US (I may be mistaken, but I have never heard of any such event items being released). Do I use legends competitively, no, I just have them for show mostly. I will be trying to move said pokemon into X/Y though so either way we will know soon enough what can and cannot bypass Nintendo's Hack scan
---
If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!
There is no kill like Overkill.
#15saturninebearPosted 11/12/2013 1:42:47 PM
Apparently you CAN get Mew in X & Y. On your birthday you can find a poke-collector in one of the hotels who will give you an obscure hint about having seen a rare pokemon on a certain route.

Somewhere on that route is a single tile that has a 1% encounter chance of Mew appearing if you walk across it. It only triggers once, and the Mew is level 15.

Oh wait. No. None of that is true.

Or is it? ;)
---
My FC is 1478-4155-5309 (name in game is Jeremiah)
#16supermichael11(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 2:11:36 PM
Jahozafat117 posted...
MLBloomy posted...

I would counter this argument by saying that the hack scan would most likely search for flat out hacked into your possession pokemon, if TC hacked an event so he could catch mew in the wild, then I think it would be allowed into the bank, I have an Arceus and Darkrai obtained using this method, and as far as I can tell the items to activate those events were never released in the US (I may be mistaken, but I have never heard of any such event items being released). Do I use legends competitively, no, I just have them for show mostly. I will be trying to move said pokemon into X/Y though so either way we will know soon enough what can and cannot bypass Nintendo's Hack scan

I used the action replay to get the event item and active them, which allowed me to get to the place were mew is.

I only cheated in getting to the place, but getting mew would be fair. Now whether pokebank would allow it or not we have to wait.

I never seen pokeranch before so I have no idea how its like that game.
---
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum
http://midnighttavern.forumotion.com/ Must be over 18 years old to join.
#17MLBloomyPosted 11/12/2013 2:13:37 PM
supermichael11 posted...
What the, this is terrible. I have the USA version, so that means that the USA version was never suppose to get mew in the first place. Seems I be forced to buy Pokemon ranch if I want mew or I can wait for mew to be available in event if it ever appears.

Thanks for letting me know, I just wait for pokebank to come out.

I still can't believe that Nintendo or gamefreak doesn't release every pokemon from event, making it impossible to catch legit outside Japan.

Nintendo did have an event for Mew in the US during Gen 3. In Sept. 2006, one could go to Toys R Us and have a (MYSTRY) Mew traded into any of the 3rd Gen carts. There was also a distribution in Europe in 2007 (Aura Mew). Things got a bit better with event only Pokemon in the 4th Gen when Nintendo started using the Internet for distributions, or could distribute Pokemon wirelessly in stores using a DS and special cartridge. In addition to My Pokemon Ranch, Mew was distributed over the Internet to

Jahozafat117 posted...

We'll have to wait and see. Personally, I'm hoping for a strict check, and was partly hoping there would be a cutoff similar to between Gens 2 and 3. That's because I'm more of a collector, and not keen on the influx of non-legit Pokemon that would be flooding the trading community.

The Member Card to access Newmoon Island and capture Darkrai was released over the Internet, but only to Pokemon Platinum. Diamond and Pearl had an event that directly distributed Darkrai. So if a Pokemon's data contains info telling whether it was caught in Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, Nintendo could potentially block ones caught in Diamond or Pearl.

The Azure Flute to unlock the area to capture Arceus was never released anywhere. So technically any legitimate Arceus will have to match the data of one of the distributions.