This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear GTS...

#11Devil_Killer_JCPosted 12/11/2013 12:16:47 PM
basilisk1987 posted...
One improvement I'd like to see made to the GTS is the option to search for people who are asking for a specific pokemon.

Say there's 100 people looking for an Haunter but they all have something different to offer. This way you could choose a poke you want for your Haunter instead of hoping you have a Zapdos you don't want for that Lv 1 Babymon.

Yeah, for real. That would be a boon. It's so annoying to sift through all of the stupid requests on the GTS, like those legendary bird demands, impossible pokemon like a level 10 Blaziken, and pokemon that aren't even available yet. Ugh

Honestly, I've given up on the GTS, and just use the wonder trade now. I've nailed a few 5IV pokemon from it, which is better than anything I've gotten from the GTS.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480
biohazardmercenaries.com
#12MeddlingMage22Posted 12/11/2013 12:42:18 PM
I don't mind trading my legendary bird or Yvetal (traded that Lax nature piece of crap for a poison heal female gligar). Once I catch my Moltres, I'm gonna trade that off too, but some of their requests are just downright insane.

Like, I'd love to trade you a lv 1-10 Lairon or Rhydon, but it's impossible as it doesn't evolve at that low of a level.

Best way to use GTS is to put up your own pokes and make reasonable requests. Hell, my reasonable trades are taken within seconds of me putting it up. Especially if people know what they want and why they want it. For the record, I've traded over a dozen Timid, Jolly, and Modest synchronize Ralts for some pretty good stuff... but only when I make the request.

Also, you almost never get Hidden Abilities or Nature that you ask for (thanks to whoever DIDN"T rip me off on that gligar), so I have no idea why people would write "shiny plz or perfect IVs plz". That's like putting $2,000 bucks on the sidewalk with a sign saying an ounce of gold please... and then getting a rock painted in gold. And complaining about it. There's no medicine for stupidity, I guess.
---
Xbox live - Meddlingmage25
UMVC3 - Dormmamu May Cry. Playing: mahvel, Pokemon Y, Diablo 3
#13StevoElSupremo1Posted 12/11/2013 3:23:27 PM
Yeah GTS drives me nuts, I was looking for an Amaura (any gender, any level) and it was all people wanting Areus/Zapdos/Articuno/Mewtwo/Yveltal/Xernes

like give me a damn break, I ended up just breeding a tyrunt and getting an Amaura for it.
#14gamemaster712Posted 12/11/2013 3:47:47 PM
Don't seek, deposit.
They love my HA Gligar, it got me lots of goodies.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 IGN: Sean
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#15Stefan1277Posted 12/11/2013 4:08:05 PM
Totally legit. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this every time I look for anything. Seriously... anything.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#16saturninebearPosted 12/12/2013 5:03:00 AM
... and I also just got a Mewtwo for a level 1 ghastly. Amazingly it works.
---
My FC is 1478-4155-5309 (name in game is Jeremiah)
#17OddiumWanderusPosted 12/12/2013 6:21:48 AM
I think what's even more cringe-worthy is all of the people looking for Pokemon that aren't even available in the game, or when someone is only willing to trade for an Abomasnow between levels 1 and 10...
---
FC: 0447-6415-1529
Poison; Kakuna, Ariados, Toxicroak
#18saturninebearPosted 12/12/2013 8:04:44 AM
I may be wrong, but I was under the belief that was people trying to clone their pokemon.

Put them in GTS.

Remove the SD Card from the 3DS, put it in a computer and restore the save they previously had.

Take pokemon out of GTS which hasn't been traded - because they asked for an impossible.

Two copies of the pokemon.

I've not tried it. I'm not going to try it. I'm not interested in cheating.
---
My FC is 1478-4155-5309 (name in game is Jeremiah)