This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tyrantrum vs Aurorus

#11Devil_Killer_JCPosted 12/11/2013 11:58:52 AM
BennyWhatever posted...
A scratch pretty much drops Aurorus. He's weak to too many things, and his defenses don't help any. I'd go with Tyrantrum.

Yep, that's the problem with it. Lame too, since it isn't a bad looking pokemon, and it can do a lot of damage. But eh... Rock/Ice = FAIL
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480
biohazardmercenaries.com
#12Un0rthad0XxPosted 12/11/2013 12:43:30 PM
Tyrantrum. Better typing. Looks cooler. And better movepool.

He has rock head ability, meaning you can have a recoil-less head smash. Also learns dragon dance, earthquake, and dragon claw. Pretty good set for a life orb if you ask me ;)
---
Posted using GameFlux
#13MeddlingMage22Posted 12/11/2013 12:53:22 PM
Well... I'm regretting Tyrantrum a little. I mean he was good at breeding Stealth Rock and Ancient Power, but that's about all he did for me.

As for Aurorus, he's the only other poke besides Abomasnow to have Snow Warning right? I guess I'll probably lurk GTS for one.
---
Xbox live - Meddlingmage25
UMVC3 - Dormmamu May Cry. Playing: mahvel, Pokemon Y, Diablo 3
#14Devil_Killer_JCPosted 12/11/2013 12:59:49 PM
MeddlingMage22 posted...
Well... I'm regretting Tyrantrum a little. I mean he was good at breeding Stealth Rock and Ancient Power, but that's about all he did for me.

As for Aurorus, he's the only other poke besides Abomasnow to have Snow Warning right? I guess I'll probably lurk GTS for one.

That's its hidden ability, according to serebii, which isn't available (no swarms/safaris for it). So no, only Abomasnow has that ability atm.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480
biohazardmercenaries.com
#15MeddlingMage22Posted 12/11/2013 1:51:10 PM
Lame. I wonder... do people actually use the move Hail now? Since weather stops after 5 turns?

I'm using Mega Charizard Y and Drought Ninetales, so I think I won't have to ever actually cast Sunny Day.

Off topic, I've been playing around with an Adamant 252hp/252atk Mega Heracross. Learned Pin Missile, bred for Rock Blast, and remembered Bullet Seed. It is BEAST. Close Combat still better than 5-hit Arm Thrust though...
---
#16-Harmonica-Posted 12/12/2013 4:07:36 AM
Tyrantrum. Cooler design, better typing. Not the best typing due to Rock, but better.
Aurorus has probably the worst typing in the game. 4x weak to Steel and Fighting especially when priority Bullet Punch and Mach Punch run amok. And a ton of other weaknesses.
---
FC: 4012-4584-1628 (Pokemon Y)/ IGN: Beetle K-Lee/ FS: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern/ Trainer SV: 3683
#17OddiumWanderusPosted 12/12/2013 6:26:00 AM
MeddlingMage22 posted...
Lame. I wonder... do people actually use the move Hail now? Since weather stops after 5 turns?

I'm using Mega Charizard Y and Drought Ninetales, so I think I won't have to ever actually cast Sunny Day.

Weather effects caused by moves have always lasted 5 turns, IIRC. The only exceptions were abilities that induced weather which were changed to only last 5 turns. Remember, you can lengthen weather by using the appropriate stone as the caster Pokemon's item and that also applies to abilities. So, if your Ninetales is holding a Heat Rock it will cause sun for 8 turns upon entry, not 5.
---
FC: 0447-6415-1529
Poison; Kakuna, Ariados, Toxicroak
#18MeddlingMage22Posted 12/12/2013 9:12:06 AM
^I know, I was pointing out Drought, Drizzle, Snow Warn, and Sandstream used to be permanent.
---