This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Venusaur set help

#1CuteKittenPosted 3/4/2014 1:52:46 AM
I just happened to come across a few Bulbasaurs with Chlorophyll and Giga Drain from Wonder Trade and I'm tempted to make a new Venusaur out of it.

What's a good moveset for Venusaur when putting Chlorophyll and Giga Drain into account? And yes, I do mega-evolve Venusaur every now and then so apparently this replaces Chlorophyll with Thick Fat. I'm thinking of a sunnybeam set but by the time I mega-evolve, it's still weak against fire despite Thick Fat.

Darn dilemma....
---
I'm a guy, not a gal. :p
Oh, did I win? - Princess Peach
#2CuteKitten(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 4:44:57 AM
bump
---
#3CuteKitten(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 12:14:06 AM
bump
---
#4thepeoplesgamerPosted 3/6/2014 2:47:54 PM
Thought I'd weigh in with my opinion since I see you haven't had a reply yet!

Given you don't want to get rid of Giga Drain I wouldn't also put Solarbeam on him, as then you'll end up with two STAB moves of the same type on the same set, which is a no-no. But in order to make the best use of Chlorophyl you're going to want Sunny Day.

That being the case, I would go with:

Giga Drain
Sunny Day
Hidden Power Fire (you'll have to do some breeding unless you're lucky enough to have the IVs for it now)
Sludge Bomb

Keep in mind, though, that you won't be able to get Hidden Power Fire if you have a special attack IV of 31. It can only be 30 at its highest. And even then you'll need to manipulate the other IVs to make sure you get HP Fire. The Hidden Power page on serebii.net explains it all fairly well and gives you an easy formula to follow.

This one's just off the top of my head. There's probably better Venusaur sets out there but that one should be alright at least.
---
3DS FC - 1950-8925-0601. IGN - Michael
Bug safari - Combee/Volbeat/Heracross
#5BigWorldJustPosted 3/14/2014 10:44:51 AM
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll (Thick Fat)
Bold/Relaxed Nature
EV's: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed/Earthquake
- Giga Drain
---
PSN ID: xXMiista_St0ner
3DS FC: 2148-8253-4976
#6CuteKitten(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 9:10:51 AM
Well, those movesets look like it's all about attacking. Hmmm...I guess it can't hurt to stay out of support. It's been a habit of mine to give Venusaur Sleep Powder and Leech Seed every time I use one.
---
#7Drevomega201Posted 3/21/2014 7:32:01 PM
I wished I had one. I haven't have time to breed it. If I had it mine would be:

Nature: timid or modest.
252 Sp Atk 252 Speed 6 Hp Because the 2 iv left doesn't have any effect so just put it all on Hp.

toxic
Sunny day
Solar beam
Energy ball
--------------------
I'm not really sure if it would work unless I try it out.

If not I would use

Nature: Bold
252 Defense and 252 Sp defense and 6 Hp

Toxic
protect
leech seed
Substitute
---
Friend code: 2423-3798-4526
#8CuteKitten(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 1:25:02 AM
Venusaur's limited offensive movepool really ticks me. I'm thinking of screwing Sunny Day (I'll give it to Houndoom) and give him both Giga Drain and Solarbeam if I'm sticking with Chlorophyll. The other two will be Earthquake and Sludge Bomb.
---
#9Shadow_Master_JPosted 3/22/2014 2:36:42 AM
CuteKitten posted...
Venusaur's limited offensive movepool really ticks me. I'm thinking of screwing Sunny Day (I'll give it to Houndoom) and give him both Giga Drain and Solarbeam if I'm sticking with Chlorophyll. The other two will be Earthquake and Sludge Bomb.

Don't ever use Solarbeam. If any weather inducer switches in, you're screwed. Besides, if you somehow lose your Sun inducer, it becomes a waste of moveslot.

Do you really want Venusaur as a Mega? If not, you can use Megazard Y as a sun inducer, and Venusaur as a sun sweeper. If you do want to use Megasaur, then screw Sunny Day, really.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#10darkshadowspawnPosted 3/22/2014 6:47:03 AM
You could always try the Safeguard/Petal Dance combo. The only problem with it is it allows your opponent to switch out to something that resists Grass (which is one of seven types :/).
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh