This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need Help IV Breeding

#19treekoPosted 3/5/2014 2:44:21 PM
I'm following the guide on this website word for word, but not getting the results I was expecting.
Am I doing something wrong?
---
Pokemon Y Friend Code:1375-7752-8537 (In-game character: Naya)
Friend Safari: Krabby, Quagsire, & Frogadier
#2genestealerPosted 3/5/2014 3:00:05 PM
What are the parents, and what are the result you're expecting?
---
What if someone has no friends IRL, and they're poor and can't afford a wireless router? "Well, that sounds like a personal problem"
#3hawaii_5_oPosted 3/5/2014 4:15:14 PM
U probably need a 6iv ditto. Makes life easier
---
FC-4356 0448 9881 ign-x (Ref) http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/68488503?page=1
#4Drevomega201Posted 3/5/2014 8:43:34 PM
dittio makes life easier, but if you want to I can teach you.

First determine how many ev your first pokemon has.
Second then pass it on down with the destiny knot.
Third Keep passing it down until you got 2 ivs.
4th keep passing it down until you got 3 with that pokemon.
5th use that 3 iv pokemon and pass it down until you get 5.

For example,

a chimcar starts out has 2 ivs
Find another chimcar and find out how many ivs it has and then use it. (It has to be a female though)
If you get lucky it may have 3 ivs.
then continue to do it until u have 5 ivs in the slots you want. The guy in the pokemon center will tell you each time you hatch an egg. He's in kiloiu city. U will just have to fly back and forth.

As I were you I would get all the o power first. u'll need the hatching o power. The guy on youtube has directions. Just follow his steps and you will get it in a half of a day. On youtube type in how to get hatching o power in pokemon x and y and it will tell u.
---
Friend code: 2423-3798-4526
#5Drevomega201Posted 3/5/2014 8:44:49 PM
I hope this is not to confusing, I've tried to explain. Can someone tell me if I'm wrong?
---
Friend code: 2423-3798-4526
#6ChaoticShinraPosted 3/6/2014 6:07:28 AM
Drevomega201 posted...
I hope this is not to confusing, I've tried to explain. Can someone tell me if I'm wrong?

I'll go ahead and try to explain it then. If you can, catch the Pokemon you want to breed from the Friend Safari. Pokemons there are guarantee to have 2 IV's that are at 31. If you're lucky, it might have 3 or more that are 31. Catch as many of them as you can for two reasons. One is to get the nature you want. And the second is to get many different IV spreads. Talk to the man in Kiloud (Whatever it's spelled) City in the Pokemon Center to figure out which are 31. If the Pokemon you want isn't in the safari, make sure the Pokemon is first a female and get a male Pokemon from the same egg group. In breeding, the baby takes the species of its mother (unless you're Ditto breeding). Alright. Time to start.

Step 1: Have one of them hold an Everstone to make sure you pass down the nature you want and the other hold a Destiny Bond to pass down 5 IV's from the parents. Now, (this is what I do) make sure that the 31 IV's from the parents doesn't overlap with one another. Like both parents having 31 on attack. I do this because it'll be easier to get 3 IV's Pokemon. Thanks to the Everstone, you'll guarantee having the exact nature you want. (Note that if the female isn't from Friend Safari, get the female to at least have the nature you want and when passing down IV's attempt to at least have 1 IV that is 31. 2 if you're lucky from its father)

Step 2: Once you have a 3 IV's Pokemon, take the Pokemon you have in the Daycare out. Replace them with the 3 IV's Pokemon you just bred and another 2 IV's Pokemon who is the opposite gender of the new Pokemon with IV's that doesn't overlap with the IV's of the baby. Go for a 4 IV's Pokemon and remember to give the baby the Everstone (since it should have the nature you wanted) and the new parent with the Destiny Bond to pass down 5 IV's

Step 3: Once you have a 4 IV's Pokemon, do the same thing in Step 2 and go for at least 5. During this breeding process, you'll come across some 3-4 IV's Pokemons. Let's say your original 4 IV's Pokemon has X/X/31/31/31/31 and from the 3-4 IV's you have a Pokemon that covers at least the first two and overlap another one like 31/31/31/X/X/X. Use those two as the parents now since you now have all the stats covered and continue breeding for 5 IV's

Step 4: Now that you have a 5 IV's Pokemon, you should breed to have those 5 IV's in the specific stats you want them in leaving 1 of the stats blank like for a physical sweeper, special attack is useless. If you're lucky, you might get a 6 IV's Pokemon which are usually the most sought after Pokemons. Any male Pokemon with 5 IV's you should keep for breeding as now you have a male in the same egg group as another female but has 5 IV's already making your next breeding easier if you use it from the same group.

That's about it really. This is if you don't have a Ditto. When breeding, always have a Pokemon with something like Flame Body to cut breeding time as well as the hatching O-Power.
---
3DS FC: 4398-9513-6222
Friend Safari: Seviper, Muk and Garbodor
#79treeko(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 2:31:09 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.
---
#89treeko(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 2:38:38 PM
genestealer posted...
What are the parents, and what are the result you're expecting?

I'm breeding a Froakie with Perfect IVs in Attack, Defense, and Speed with a Ditto with Perfect IVs in Attack and Sp. Defense, and I'm expecting a Froakie with Perfect IVs in Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense, and Speed.
---
#9DarthSummanusPosted 3/8/2014 11:45:02 AM
9treeko posted...

I'm breeding a Froakie with Perfect IVs in Attack, Defense, and Speed with a Ditto with Perfect IVs in Attack and Sp. Defense, and I'm expecting a Froakie with Perfect IVs in Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense, and Speed.

This will take awhile. Destiny Knot selects 5 IVs at random from all of the parents stats. You are trying to select 4 values from a pool of twelve, it does not just take the highest 5 from the parents.

Only 5 categories are passed down, and the 6th is always randomly generated. For example, you could receive attack, defense, special defense, and speed IVs from the parents, and the special attack IV would be randomly generated.

On top of that, even if a category is selected to be inherited, there is still a 50/50 chance it will inherit the value from the parent with a lower value in that category. For example:
If FroakieA has 31 in the category Attack, and FroakieB has 17 in the category Attack, there is a 50% chance Baby Froakie will get the value 17.

Combine all these factors, you have a lot of stuff working against you.

The good news is that you have all of the basic ingredients; you have the stats/items you need to make the mon you want...eventually.

The bad news is that it isn't a likely outcome at this point because you don't have a lot of overlap between perfect stats. If you have one instance each of a perfect IV in 3 categories, and an overlap in your 4th category, then you will have a 1/6 * 1 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 chance to get the baby you want. That's a 1/6 chance to get the correct IV categories to inherit (there are 15 ways to choose 4 categories out of 6), 1/1 for a perfect Attack stat, and then 1/2 for each defense, sp defense and speed. For every egg you make, you only have a 1/48 chance that it's going to have the correct spread. This isn't exactly accurate because you are going for 4/6 IVs and not 5/6, so your odds are probably a bit better, but this is ball parking it.

To improve your chances, if a child has better IVs than one of the parents, switch it out with a parent. You want to have a lot of overlapping IVs, so that way if the correct stat categories are selected to inherit, then the correct value will be guaranteed to inherit as well (a 50/50 chance of selecting either 31 or 31 always gets you a 31). In addition, breeding 2 members of the same species will give you eggs more often.

Expect to breed a lot of duds. But you'll get there if you just try to constantly improve the parents and keep moving forward.

Questions?
#10InsaneriderPosted 3/8/2014 12:39:20 PM
Time and patience.

And what they said.
---
The word of the day is "Legs." Spread it around.
GT: TimoInsano. FC: 0232 - 9166 - 5477