This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or is player vs. player really biased towards a certain type of 'mon?

#1otakon2006Posted 3/8/2014 1:57:08 PM
Specifically, the fastest possible with the highest attack/sp. attack possible using STAB moves. Hell it's Pokemon dammit, not chess. That's what really ticks me off about it. It's not like I've stacked Dragons on my team, it's not like I have them all only know one type of move. Then why the do I consistently lose?! The only answer I can come to is that slow, defense oriented pokemon are 100% worthless is the PvP because every stacks Speed and Attack/Sp. Attack and tend to use STAB moves even if they're not Super Effective on the opposing 'mon.

My go-to team for the game on whole has been 'mon with high natural Defense, Sp. Defense and HP. And from the battles I've fought with them against other players, they're worthless. Great for the single player portion but completely worthless against any other player since everyone I've fought uses high speed, high attack/sp. attack 'mon. And it's killing my drive to continue with this game. It's no fun to lose every single match and it's especially humiliating to lose most if not all your team to 1HKO's from a single 'mon on the opposite team.

*glares at Protean Greninja*

I lost my fully defense trained Aggron to a freaking Diggersby last time. A DIGGERSBY. The STEEL DINOSAUR lost to a RABBIT WITH MUTATED EARS!
---
Friend Code: 1607 2343 7047
#2ICYoyoPosted 3/8/2014 3:01:34 PM
Now I assume you IV breed and EV train but if not look that up, other wise, just try new Pokemon with different types and specialties. Get some fast Pokemon to hit hard before the other Pokemon. A mixed team is a winning team.
---
3DS:0516 8453 8022 NNID: ICYoyo Steam/Skype/PSN: ICYoyoDaBlack
STRATEGY IS THE REAL CHALLENGE!!!
#3ICYoyoPosted 3/8/2014 3:06:45 PM
Oh and as for greninja my best counter for him is mega charziard y surprisingly they will anticipate solar beam and use ice beam or use scald or even hydro pump/ hydro cannon both if witch he'll live from and flamethrower will still do half damage if they stay water type
---
3DS:0516 8453 8022 NNID: ICYoyo Steam/Skype/PSN: ICYoyoDaBlack
STRATEGY IS THE REAL CHALLENGE!!!
#4FroakieblokePosted 3/8/2014 3:07:13 PM
otakon2006 posted...
Specifically, the fastest possible with the highest attack/sp. attack possible using STAB moves. Hell it's Pokemon dammit, not chess. That's what really ticks me off about it. It's not like I've stacked Dragons on my team, it's not like I have them all only know one type of move. Then why the do I consistently lose?! The only answer I can come to is that slow, defense oriented pokemon are 100% worthless is the PvP because every stacks Speed and Attack/Sp. Attack and tend to use STAB moves even if they're not Super Effective on the opposing 'mon.

My go-to team for the game on whole has been 'mon with high natural Defense, Sp. Defense and HP. And from the battles I've fought with them against other players, they're worthless. Great for the single player portion but completely worthless against any other player since everyone I've fought uses high speed, high attack/sp. attack 'mon. And it's killing my drive to continue with this game. It's no fun to lose every single match and it's especially humiliating to lose most if not all your team to 1HKO's from a single 'mon on the opposite team.

I lost my fully defense trained Aggron to a freaking Diggersby last time. A DIGGERSBY. The STEEL DINOSAUR lost to a RABBIT WITH MUTATED EARS!

Defensive Aggron is your problem. Diggersby has one of the most powerful earthquakes in the game. Aggron is 4X weak to it.
---
"Mon Dieu!" - Hercule Poirot
Need help getting any Pokemon, item and whatnot? Try the Gogoat Express on the Trade Board! They're very helpful :)
#5otakon2006(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 3:51:24 PM
Froakiebloke posted...
otakon2006 posted...

Defensive Aggron is your problem. Diggersby has one of the most powerful earthquakes in the game. Aggron is 4X weak to it.

He used Mega Punch, not Earthquake.
---
Friend Code: 1607 2343 7047
#6ChaoticShinraPosted 3/8/2014 4:11:26 PM
If you want to make use of your slow Pokemons, why not try a Trick Room team? Also, IV's and EV's plays an important role in competitive battling.
---
3DS FC: 4398-9513-6222
Friend Safari: Seviper, Muk and Garbodor
#7thepeoplesgamerPosted 3/8/2014 4:13:40 PM
Defence Pokemon can be very useful in PvP, don't give up on them! I have an entirely defensive, no STAB Ferrothorn that has pulled me out of a few tough spots.
---
3DS FC - 1950-8925-0601. IGN - Michael
Bug safari - Combee/Volbeat/Heracross
#8ChaoticShinraPosted 3/8/2014 4:32:59 PM(edited)
ICYoyo posted...
Oh and as for greninja my best counter for him is mega charziard y surprisingly they will anticipate solar beam and use ice beam or use scald or even hydro pump/ hydro cannon both if witch he'll live from and flamethrower will still do half damage if they stay water type

That's incorrect. Mega Charizard Y is more of a check but is definitely not a counter. A counter is a Pokemon that can safely switch in on any of the opposing Pokemon's move. Timid Protean Greninja with Life Orb can easily kill a pre-mega. Even at mega, you can't just switch in because a Hydro Pump in the sun hits 83.84% - 98.99%. And Greninja is faster still so he'll just use another attack and finish you off. Even Ice Beam hits 66.67% - 78.79%. If you just switch in after a Pokemon dies, then you might kill it assuming it's not running U-Turn to switch to an appropriate counter or Greninja being the physical variant and using Rock Slide.
---
3DS FC: 4398-9513-6222
Friend Safari: Seviper, Muk and Garbodor
#9FroakieblokePosted 3/9/2014 1:51:57 AM
otakon2006 posted...
Froakiebloke posted...
otakon2006 posted...

He used Mega Punch, not Earthquake.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggron: 38-45 (11 - 13%) -- possible 8HKO

Bearing in mind that mega punch is less powerful than return..
---
"Mon Dieu!" - Hercule Poirot
Need help getting any Pokemon, item and whatnot? Try the Gogoat Express on the Trade Board! They're very helpful :)