This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does IV really matter?

#1Lainud1Posted 3/20/2014 5:49:09 PM
Kinda noob to all this IV stuff. Most of my pokemon are trained with power items(bracers, anklet, Len) but I didn't know there is such things as IV until I join this board. Do IV affect pokemon stat much?
---
Ign-Lainud
#2Xynaxus64Posted 3/20/2014 6:16:09 PM
They can, especially for Speed. If your sweeper doesn't have perfect Speed IV's, prepare to be outsped by every Pokemon of the same species online.
---
3ds FC: 1977-0205-6694
QP3W-WWWW-WWW5-YH63
#3Lainud1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 7:15:53 PM
Xynaxus64 posted...
They can, especially for Speed. If your sweeper doesn't have perfect Speed IV's, prepare to be outsped by every Pokemon of the same species online.

So if my super trained my pokemon maxxed in speed but don't have max speed IV vs. The same nature pokemon maxxed in speed( super training) but have maxxed speed IV. The maxxed IV one will go first right?
---
Ign-Lainud
#4Xynaxus64Posted 3/20/2014 7:29:17 PM
Lainud1 posted...
Xynaxus64 posted...

So if my super trained my pokemon maxxed in speed but don't have max speed IV vs. The same nature pokemon maxxed in speed( super training) but have maxxed speed IV. The maxxed IV one will go first right?

Yes, that's right.
---
3ds FC: 1977-0205-6694
QP3W-WWWW-WWW5-YH63
#5Lainud1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 7:37:01 PM
Xynaxus64 posted...
Lainud1 posted...
Xynaxus64 posted...

Yes, that's right.

Ok, thanks
---
Ign-Lainud
#6Run_2_the_HillsPosted 3/20/2014 11:07:27 PM
pretty much and it might even lose to some other pokes that it's suppose to beat if theirs have a higher iv while yours have a low iv.
#7RedcountPosted 3/21/2014 5:32:34 PM
So IVs/EVs are basically just used for maxed-out, Lvl. 100 battles against other people? Is there really any point to them if you just want to play single-player?
---
I do believe it was Jesus that said "an Eye for Eye is a badass policy so get an eye patch and mount up son"- IronWolf87
#8DartkunPosted 3/21/2014 5:52:38 PM(edited)
Redcount posted...
So IVs/EVs are basically just used for maxed-out, Lvl. 100 battles against other people? Is there really any point to them if you just want to play single-player?

Not really, it gives you benefits but if you're just doing single player you don't need to max and min that hard.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PUVNqBo.jpg
#9newschoolfanPosted 3/28/2014 6:47:50 PM
free battles are fine without but you might want to try and raise it some