This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Competitive Team, help?

#1MasterofXDPosted 3/28/2014 4:22:21 PM
Hi There! I'm currently making a team for competitive battling and I need some help on constructing a good team since I haven't made a competitive team since HG/SS.

Currently it is:

Rotom-W@Leftovers

Levitate

252 HP, 252 SPATK, 6 DEF

Modest (+SPATK, -ATK)

-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Will O Wisp
-Thunder Wave

Greninja@Life Orb

Protean

252 SPATK, 252 SPEED, 6 HP

Timid (+SPD, -ATK)

-Scald
-Extrasensory/U-Turn
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam

Lucario@Lucarionite

Ability: Steadfast

Nature: Adamant/Hasty (I currently have a 5 Perfect IV lucario but its hasty)

252 ATK, 252 SPD, 4 HP

-Close Combat
-Bullet Punch
-Crunch
-Swords Dance

That's my current team, and I was wondering for suggestions? I was thinking of adding this perfect marill I got from wonder trade:

it would be like:
Azumarill

Ability: Huge Power

Nature: Adamant

EVs: 252 ATK, 252 HP, 4DEF
-Superpower
-Aqua Jet
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet

So any suggestions to my team? I was thinking of putting in a good SP sweeper like volcarona or gengar. I also need a tank and I have a slot for one more pokemon. Tips?
#2Xynaxus64Posted 3/28/2014 5:07:21 PM
If you want a good team, it's always best to breed it yourself, so that you know that you have the best possible IVs. For sweepers, I'd recommend a Gengar, Gardevoir, or Volcarona. Mega Blastoise is an excellent Rapid Spinner / Bulky Sweeper, and Cresselia, Foretress, Sigilyph, and Slowbro all make great walls. What's more, Forretress can learn Stealth Rock as an egg move, and its Sturdy ability guarantees that you get those rocks off, no matter what.
---
3ds FC: 1977-0205-6694
QP3W-WWWW-WWW5-YH63
#3Shadow_Master_JPosted 3/28/2014 7:31:42 PM
Xynaxus64 posted...
What's more, Forretress can learn Stealth Rock as an egg move, and its Sturdy ability guarantees that you get those rocks off, no matter what.

Then the enemy wipes them away with Defog/RS, and you're 5x6. If you'll be using someone for Sturdy Hazards, go for Skarmory or Focus Sash Deoxys-S. They at least do something besides setting rocks and die. Also, TC can check traded Pokemon's IVs with the guy in Kiloude, so he doesn't need to breed if the one he got is 5-6IVs already.

On Azumarill, you can use a bit of speed EVs. No need for 252, but at least 44 to bypass Chansey and Blissey before they can Toxic you. Replace one of your two Aqua Jets for Play Rough and it's done.

You have 3 water-types so I recommend you to throw one off. Add a pokemon that can set-up Stealth Rocks, and a pokemon that can take them off. You are also in need of a wall, since you have none. Ferrothorn and Excadrill, for example, are pokemon that synergize well with Water-types, and can set up Stealth Rocks.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#4Xynaxus64Posted 3/28/2014 8:52:31 PM
Nice catch on that type coverage. Yeah, it's never good to have too many Pokemon of the same type, because then your team can be more easily swept by a single weakness. For example, your team would have a lot of trouble going against a Jolteon or even a Breloom.
---
QP3W-WWWW-WWW5-YH63
#5MasterofXD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 9:29:00 PM
oh haha, my bad I accidentally put two aqua jets, he already has play rough, my bad. Would a ferrothorn or forttress fit my needs more for a wall?
#6Xynaxus64Posted 3/28/2014 10:23:27 PM(edited)
MasterofXD posted...
oh haha, my bad I accidentally put two aqua jets, he already has play rough, my bad. Would a ferrothorn or forttress fit my needs more for a wall?

Actually, Ferrothorn would make an excellent wall, as its Grass/Steel typing grants it a ton of resistances, and it can't be poisoned. However, it also gives it a 4x weakness to Fire which can be killer. I've never used a Ferrothorn myself, though some moves that I hear do well on it are Substitute, Leech Seed, Curse, Protect, and Stealth Rock. Just make sure that you only use 3 of these, as you need to have 1 attack, Gyro Ball. Also, try to breed for 0 speed IV's and get a speed reducing nature, as it will make Gyro Ball hit even harder.
---
QP3W-WWWW-WWW5-YH63