This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you need to HM's on your Pokemon?

#1spazza-360Posted 8/21/2014 3:50:53 AM
Hi All

Just wondered if its a good idea to keep HM's on your pokemon or even keep a HM Slave in your team as you wonder around after you have done the main part of the game (or getting close to the end),

I know the large rocks you move with strength stay moved so there's no need to keep strength on a pokemon, but what about the others?

The only two I can think of are Surf (decent move and of course to surf out of battle) and Fly for convenience.

I've currently got Talonflame with Fly and a Bibarel with the rest of the HM's on as a slave, but hes taking up a slot!

Thanks
#2misty_laxPosted 8/21/2014 5:15:39 AM
Nope. I have only Talonflame for breeding in my party. If I need a HM to use I can always get one from a nearby Pokemon center...
---
FC: 4141-3928-9958 ; IGN: Tsunayoshi
Friend safari : electric | electrode, pikachu, zebstrika Trades: http://tinyurl.com/misty-lax
#3Ansem_the_evilPosted 8/21/2014 6:23:03 AM
If you want to explore every nook and cranny of kalos yes you do need one , if you dont want to then fly is really all you need
---
My 3DS FC: 0216-2224-5730
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-4466-8561
#4spazza-360(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 6:33:36 AM
Thanks for your replies.

I know certain things don't need to be done more than once (like pushing the big stones with strength) so there's no need to keep it on a pokemon, and on the flipside, bushes grow back after being cut but usually its only needed to get extra items and what not so its not needed over and over.

I'll get to the E4 again then swap out my HM Slave for a fighter instead lol

Thanks again!
#5darkshadowspawnPosted 8/21/2014 4:19:25 PM
Strength is a decent move on certain Pokemon (Normal types that have decent Attack but don't really get good non-Return options, for example), as it'd be effectively a BP 120 move with no drawback at that point; Surf can be good (but it's usually out-classed by Scald) as well; Waterfall is a good physical move for decently strong Water types (again, effectively a BP 120 move for them with a chance to flinch)...the rest of them, though, aren't all that good.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#6spazza-360(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 12:55:00 AM
Well so far my Talonflame has fly and Greninja has surf, then rest are on a HM Slave which I will be swapping out for to complete my team when the main game is near finished.

Thanks for all your input.
#7WizardofHothPosted 8/24/2014 12:13:18 PM
I always give a Lapras Surf and an extra 2nd gyrados to have waterfall.

Strength I always give to rock pokemon to move boulders and rock smash to get get through some areas in caves