Switching character in free roam Is not working anymore?

#1mk3601117Posted 10/23/2013 9:30:56 AM
At first it was and now when I'm not in a mission,even without characters that transform, it will not bring up the character select screen. I've also already had it freeze at least four times and I am only on the fifth mission. I know these Lego games will freeze but not this much, or it could be bad luck. Back to the character switching, this has to be patched or else it will take a lot of enjoyment out of the game. Any suggestions on character switching would be greatly appreciated.
---
gt :Legos Gamer 3dsFC: 5413-0224- 4405
#2lutfyyPosted 10/23/2013 10:03:32 AM
same here i cannot switch characters anymore
#3mk3601117(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 10:30:25 AM
Can someone keep this topic bumped?
---
#4Just_a_loserPosted 10/23/2013 10:38:40 AM
You may need to go find one of the shield terminals to switch a character to someone else. After you do that once, it sort of unlocks the character select, at least until you start the next story mission.

I don't know whether or not this becomes more free after you finish the story (only completed the first 7 myself), but I would assume it does. It's a minor inconvenience to find a terminal after every story mission, but it could be worse.
---
You're only a cheater in the eyes of someone who has yet to gain the knowledge to do what you can do.
#5CHEEEESEMANPosted 10/23/2013 10:46:11 AM
Well the fact that you are even able to switch characters on the fly before beating the Story Mode probably IS the glitch. In fact I would not be surprised at all if a patch were to "fix" this soon.

But until then, find one of those S.H.I.E.L.D. terminals and select the characters section, change characters, now you will be able to change characters on the fly until you enter a story level.
---
"Man how to people figure this stuff out? A rubber band on the R button." - HYPERMECHA
#6The Top CrusaderPosted 10/23/2013 11:28:20 AM
Yeah, I'm having this issue.

Also, when I do finally get to the character select screen, most of the characters that are already unlocked keep flashing... if I select them while they are blacked out, it says they are still locked, but if I do it when they are flashed back on then it lets me select them.

Not game breaking, but definitely annoying.
---
----
-----
#7grog368Posted 10/23/2013 11:51:12 AM
Flashing in the character selection....

Isn't this what they did in the HP Lego games? A character - Harry, for example - might have 2-3 different versions or outfits. So you could switch to Harry's main character that you start with, but the blackout version might be Harry (in pajamas or something) that you haven't yet unlocked.

So the characters are flash/alternate every couple of seconds between all their different versions, with locked versions still blacked out, rather than having an entire row of different Harry characters. That's probably what this game is doing too. You might have multiple versions of Iron Man for example, and a couple are still locked. I don't have the game yet, but these Lego games do tend to borrow mechanics from previous versions.
#8enterthemadroxPosted 10/23/2013 1:41:02 PM
grog368 posted...
Flashing in the character selection....

Isn't this what they did in the HP Lego games? A character - Harry, for example - might have 2-3 different versions or outfits. So you could switch to Harry's main character that you start with, but the blackout version might be Harry (in pajamas or something) that you haven't yet unlocked.

So the characters are flash/alternate every couple of seconds between all their different versions, with locked versions still blacked out, rather than having an entire row of different Harry characters. That's probably what this game is doing too. You might have multiple versions of Iron Man for example, and a couple are still locked. I don't have the game yet, but these Lego games do tend to borrow mechanics from previous versions.

Yeah, I remember having to sit there watching each character variant until it got to the blackened one to know which I was missing before I'd go find the token.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#9mk3601117(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 2:23:09 PM
Problem fixed, thanks cause I really thought I was screwed.
---
#10craelonPosted 10/23/2013 3:49:23 PM
If it's the same thing I encountered in the PS3 version then yes, there is a glitch that keeps you from the character selection. The work-around I found was to access one of the SHIELD terminals that spawns vehicles. From there, select your character and you'll be able to switch by holding Y once again. As for changing while playing as a Big Fig (or a character that has a transformation) I found out that jumping and holding the button to change works.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v