Do you have to break everything/collect studs? Seems tedious

#1SaloonWreckorPosted 11/6/2013 4:01:46 PM
I played the Lego Batman 2 demo and even in that short span i got tired of breaking every table/object to collect studs, but i'm afraid if i don't ill miss out on something.
#2curtlandPosted 11/6/2013 5:43:08 PM
You certainly don't HAVE to, but you need to collect studs to unlock stuff.

Still, you can always hop in a car run crap down. Really makes collecting studs easier.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#3LaharPosted 11/6/2013 7:41:41 PM
Red brick multipliers help immensely when you can access them, and collecting ghosts studs, too. Just remember to turn the effects on at the beginning of each play session.

Sandman's my go-to destroyer. Jumping X attack, nearly everything in a wide radius goes down in one blow, and studs are auto-collected, no running after scattered crap. Other than that I like using one of the big guys to run and bash into stuff or else just chasing ghost studs.
---
I said runt.
#4TheBedGrapesPosted 11/7/2013 10:48:22 AM
Activating just the x2 stud multiplier red brick makes it pretty unnecessary to smash EVERYTHING for studs. That was the first thing I did in the game, and I never had to actively search out stuff to smash in order to get true believer on missions.

Just be smart about which characters you purchase early on, making sure they provide abilities that will help you unlock the higher level stud multipliers. After you get the x4 or x6 you will be quickly on your way to unlocking everything in no time.
#5SaloonWreckor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 2:10:23 PM
Where do you get the red brick? and which characters do you recommend getting first off?
#6Lawman_316Posted 11/10/2013 9:14:20 PM
SaloonWreckor posted...
Where do you get the red brick? and which characters do you recommend getting first off?

The red bricks are inside bonus missions that you have to collect gold bricks to unlock. You have to be in Free Play in the missions to get them. The X2 Stud cheat can be easily accessed with a cheat code, however. Go to the Cheats section for this game to get the code.

Honestly, if you're concerned with unlocking everyone then just beat the Story Mode. You probably won't be able to get everyone without Magneto anyway, and Iron Man Mark 42 is a godsend for taking care of silver and gold objects at the same time. If you're concerned about easy stud acquisition, I've come up with a way. Actually a friend did, by accident, but I've found it to be pretty effective:

Go to Stark Tower. In the circle around the helipad there are vents that need to be destroyed within a timer to access the Hulkbuster token. However, the vents give a decent stud output when hit.

Go with a character that specializes in long range attacks and can fire fast. I've personally found that Black Widow's dual pistols do the job well, but you can feel free to experiment if you wish. Shoot and destroy seven of the eight vents. Do NOT destroy the final vent, or else the vents will stop spawning. Let the timer run out, and then destroy seven of them again. Repeat ad nauseum.

Just one run would take an estimated fifteen to twenty seconds. One run gives you roughly 19,000 studs without the Studs X 2 cheat, and 38,000 with it on. Do this four times and you should be able to unlock an average of one character per minute at 150,000 studs apiece. Also, if this game's like the prior ones then Stud cheats should stack. In other words, try to get as many as you can and stack them. Turn on a X2 and X4 cheat at the same time to get X8, and etc.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1907 - 8762 - 6049
#7StedinatorPosted 11/17/2013 10:48:00 AM
^Wow, that's a really useful tip, thanks! So the Red Bricks are unlocked through bonus missions? Are they ones like the circus tent, where you need X gold bricks to build the doorway? Do you know which ones apply to which stud multipliers perchance?
---
"I'm going to go do British things, like drink cups of tea and eat bangers and mash, that sort of thing...because I'm British"
#8Lawman_316Posted 11/28/2013 4:24:12 AM
Stedinator posted...
^Wow, that's a really useful tip, thanks! So the Red Bricks are unlocked through bonus missions? Are they ones like the circus tent, where you need X gold bricks to build the doorway? Do you know which ones apply to which stud multipliers perchance?

Sorry for the super-late reply! I'm sure you already got the answer you were looking for, but in case you haven't: Yes, the red bricks (known as Deadpool Bricks) are found in the bonus missions. I'm not sure what missions give what cheats, but as quite a few of them are studs cheats, it shouldn't matter much.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1907 - 8762 - 6049
More topics from this board...
100% glitch?DogeTheInu212/22 12:56PM