Selecting characters in New York

#1AdmantCrowPosted 1/6/2014 6:40:06 AM
Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but sometimes I can just select any character while in New York, at any place. But sometimes I can only pick between the two actives. Is this normal?
---
"No one cared who I was until I put on the mask."
#2Kevfu1234Posted 1/6/2014 11:53:36 AM
I've found the only way to be able to switch characters in free roam is to first use the Shield Station and select a character. Once I do that, I'm able to hold Y to select any other character I have unlocked. I'm not sure if that changes after we beat the game.
---
XBL = Kevfu1234
#3enterthemadroxPosted 1/6/2014 4:11:28 PM
I've honestly never used a SHIELD station to switch to characters other than the two available. Just hold Y and it should come up with the list of characters, press A on those you need to buy and once bought, any time you press A on them, you'll become that character.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#4Kevfu1234Posted 1/7/2014 10:48:34 AM
Have you completed the game yet? It won't let me change characters until I visit the shield station and change it from there. I don't know if that changes once you beat the game.
---
XBL = Kevfu1234
#5jetranger57bPosted 1/8/2014 11:39:39 AM
Once you complete all 15 story levels, you'll then be able to change by holding down Y. Before that, you have to use a changing station, which seems to "break" the story line flow and you can use Y after doing that, until you hop into the next level. The only tricky part is getting the character selector to come up when you have a character like Hulk or Spiderman, where holding Y causes them to change from normal to superhero.