Character powers

#1greeneye59Posted 10/4/2013 12:49:18 PM
There are certain characters whose powers I am wondering about. Namely Ant-Man. But also for Mysterio.

I'm also interested in how they handle Mystique's shape shifting. Will it be LEGO humor like her just switching heads or will she just kind of morph?
#2UltimaXOmegaPosted 10/4/2013 1:27:21 PM
I'm worried that Doctor Strange will end up generic and a clone.
---
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Stalin
Official Black Mage Vivi of the Final Fantasy XV board
#3Bearded-WarriorPosted 10/4/2013 6:29:04 PM
Mystique's shapeshifting seems pointless in this game since you can swap characters on the fly. Unless you have to use her in story mode.
#4craelonPosted 10/5/2013 9:49:49 AM
Mystique's shapeshifting seems pointless in this game since you can swap characters on the fly. Unless you have to use her in story mode.

Swapping characters without going through a menu that pauses your movement and also has a cool effect with it would be much better than holding triangle.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#5RycerXPosted 10/5/2013 1:17:08 PM(edited)
I'm guessing she will be mostly pertinent to the story mode, sort of like half the batsuits from Lego Batman 2 became unnecessary after you unlocked all the characters. Maybe she'll automatically morph into the character you need for a given puzzle, or maybe her morphing powers will just be limited to the other characters in your presence if you happen to need two of the same power or something.

I get the impression that her powers will be limited in some way though, maybe she'll only be able to morph into the X-Men, who knows. If she can transform into any character on the fly by quick toggling the same way we already can in freeplay with R1/L1, that would pretty much render every other character redundant, and you'd only need to play as Mystique.

In fact, if they stayed true to the comics, she shouldn't even be able to copy their powers, just their appearance.