Man the fly controls in this game are horrible...

#1RunesamuraiPosted 10/26/2013 7:21:31 PM
DC Super Heroes had much better ones. It was alot easier to steer when flying around the city as Superman or Green Lantern etc.

But what the heck is up with the ones in this game? I can't even turbo fly straight forward I can only fly fast straight up...
---
Will it be tears or blood you weep first? - Navarre Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
#2hellslingerPosted 10/26/2013 7:51:02 PM
I question the sanity of anyone who thinks Batman 2 had better flying.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
3DS FC - 3067-5153-3741
#3pvegetaPosted 10/26/2013 7:51:59 PM
Once you get the hang of X being ascend and circle being descend, it is pretty awesome.
---
gamertag - Jamal The Titan, PSN: MrCannady
#4Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 10/26/2013 8:11:02 PM
hellslinger posted...
I question the sanity of anyone who thinks Batman 2 had better flying.

Truth.

Flying is still wonky in Lego Marvel, but you at least have some control of where you are going. I found as long as you only tap directions to make adjustments, you won't make random 180' turns or fly into the ground.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#5Merc123Posted 10/27/2013 5:10:34 AM
I had no problem with the fly controls for Lego Batman except when i needed to do something precise like go up a little bit or go down a little bit.

Marvel is the opposite. I can do things like go up and down a little bit with ease but it gets wonky when i am moving fast.

I think both flight controls suck pretty bad though.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#6Cdog923Posted 10/27/2013 7:51:44 AM
Can they be better? Certainly. Trying to turn quickly is a hot mess. That being said, they're not horrible. They have a learning curve, and you need to be precise with your movements rather than just lumbering around through the sky.
---
Only the strongest will survive; lead me to heaven when we die. I am a shadow on the wall; I'll be the one to save us all.
#7Ryumoau23Posted 10/28/2013 7:10:11 AM
i don't understand why the developers insist on shoe horning all controls the face buttons like 'X' and 'O'. It would have made more since to let us use the right stick to control ascending and descending, while the left stick controlled directional movement. Basically the way flight controls in almost every other game. >_<
---
26 and bisexual. ^ ^
psn: Ryumoau
#8RybalPosted 10/28/2013 9:11:20 AM
Runesamurai posted...
But what the heck is up with the ones in this game? I can't even turbo fly straight forward I can only fly fast straight up...

Just tap X twice instead of holding X the second time. You can also level out by using the O button.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#9jbtilleyPosted 11/7/2013 8:49:56 AM
Agreed. No real issues with flight controls in Lego Batman 2. This game... I don't think there's any way I'm going to get the mid-air race bricks.
#10neojubeiPosted 11/8/2013 6:04:10 PM
Neither batman 2 or marvel heroes games have good flying mechanics. Wonder why is it so hard for developers to make a person fly in the game.
---
NeoJ.
PSN ID: Neojehuty