How to free roam

#1CatalinoCaalimPosted 10/28/2013 8:32:23 PM
I bought this game as a digital download for my kids. They've beat the first 3 missions (Venom I think) and they keep seeing "free roam unlocked". The game never gives them a free roam option. Can you please help me, I'm a sports video game player and don't play the Lego series. Thanks.
---
PSN: Caalim
#2KingDeadpoolPosted 10/28/2013 8:47:29 PM
it's probably saying free play unlocked(meaning you can replay the level with any characters you want. you unlock free roam after the venom mission
---
my 3ds fc is 3695 0533 3128 pm me if you add me
pokemon x/y friend safari- Ivysaur, pansage, and maractus
#3PierceLeePosted 10/28/2013 8:48:56 PM
You can exit the story missions and "Return to New York". This puts you on the open world. You will be on the Helicarrier deck. You should be standing on a circular platform with some computer screens surrounding it. That's the elevator/lift to go down inside the helicarrier. Once inside, you will be on the bridge of the ship and straight ahead there is a big terminal for you to select the missions to retry. You can play in story mode (same fixed cast of characters as you previously used) or in free play mode (you can change to any characters you have unlocked, this is necessary as some parts of the level can only be accessed with certain characters' powers).

Another way is to press Select to bring up the map. Those story missions will be shown as big icons on the map (at the locations where the stories happen). Click on the icon to launch a mission (story or free play mode). You can also select other story missions by clicking left/right after clicking on a mission icon.
#4NotARealPersonPosted 10/28/2013 8:51:48 PM
Free Play Unlocked.
This means after you beat a level it allows you to replay it and use every character you want.

To play Free Play Missions on the SHIELD Helicarrier in-between missions (where you can run around) you can go to the Control Room.
Access it by standing on the circular platform in the middle of the carrier deck and flip the switch to descend to the main control deck.
You can then walk up to Fury's screens in the centre of the room and access any missions.
Select "Free Play" instead of "Story Mode" when it brings up the mission to use that version.

The easier way is probably to simply open your map when you're out running around, and select the mission icon, it's the same missions, but the difference is on Fury's screens they're in order.
on the map they're spread out as locations around the city.

You can always tell missions on the map as they will be the largest icons.
---
http://tmproductions.proboards.com/index.cgi?
GT: Doktor ALUCARD PSN: DoktorDare
#5PierceLeePosted 10/28/2013 9:00:23 PM
NotARealPerson posted...
The easier way is probably to simply open your map when you're out running around, and select the mission icon, it's the same missions, but the difference is on Fury's screens they're in order.

They are still in order. You just select ANY of the big mission icons on the map, then you can press left/right to select the previous/next mission in the order of the story.
#6NotARealPersonPosted 10/28/2013 9:09:19 PM
PierceLee posted...
NotARealPerson posted...

They are still in order. You just select ANY of the big mission icons on the map, then you can press left/right to select the previous/next mission in the order of the story.

oh cool! I didn't know you could scroll the missions :)
---
http://tmproductions.proboards.com/index.cgi?
GT: Doktor ALUCARD PSN: DoktorDare
#7CatalinoCaalim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 7:55:08 AM
Thanks everyone, I will have my kids do that when they get home today.
---
PSN: Caalim