How do you win the race with Maria Hill?

#1neojubeiPosted 10/30/2013 5:33:37 PM(edited)
Ive been at this for an hour. She gets a huge head start and wins. The go cart cannot even speed up or is there something glitchy with it?

finally beat her. topic closed
---
NeoJ.
PSN ID: Neojehuty
#2neojubei(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 5:30:46 PM
wow finally beat her
---
NeoJ.
PSN ID: Neojehuty
#3NotARealPersonPosted 10/30/2013 5:34:19 PM
Yeah it's really unfair, I always get like...within a foot and then she wins....

Next time I'm just going to smash her.
---
http://tmproductions.proboards.com/index.cgi?
GT: Doktor ALUCARD PSN: DoktorDare
#4jmizzle505Posted 11/1/2013 10:21:06 AM
Seriously, how do you win this race? I've gone through the race flawlessly and still lost, because you can't boost the cart.
#5Merc123Posted 11/1/2013 1:23:31 PM
I kept failing it but what i did to end up winning was i rammed and pushed her at the start of the race. I don't know what happened to her but she fell behind and never caught up and i won the race easily.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#6sharkerbobPosted 11/1/2013 10:49:56 PM
Merc123 posted...
I kept failing it but what i did to end up winning was i rammed and pushed her at the start of the race. I don't know what happened to her but she fell behind and never caught up and i won the race easily.

I can confirm this. Both races against Hill became super easy if you just cut her off right at the start. Unless you over do a turn and run into a wall, she won't catch up to you.
#7Blondie298Posted 11/1/2013 11:40:57 PM
yeah i am finding a lot of the races seem to have an unfair advantage. they have more speed to start with and so on. i have tried the whole boost thing and still it doesn't seem to help
#8I_phantomPosted 11/2/2013 9:36:12 AM
I've never had a problem with any of these races. Sure they jump out at the start but after that they slow to a crawl and are never even a threat to catch up. I don't use any special vehicles either...pretty much always a taxi or whatever is provided.

Are there difficulty settings and I'm on easy? That's the only thing I can think of really.
#9sharkerbobPosted 11/2/2013 1:04:25 PM
Yeah, most races, the opponent does get a huge burst of speed, but then slows down considerably. Kind of a psyche out, I guess.

I think the hardest part of the racing is just getting used to the sensitive steering controls. It's very easy to over do your turns, veering off to the side and slamming into a wall when you only intended to change lanes. And then it eats up precious seconds when you have to correct and go forward, or loop around to try and hit a ring you missed by a hair, which usually means you've all but lost right then. The races are simple, but one mistake at any point can easily cost you the race.

Some ring races also seem to make a point to have traffic coming at you through the ring right when you get to it. That might just be coincidence, because sometimes the streets are virtually empty for a stretch, before suddenly there's traffic. However, traffic can easily work for you as well in races against characters. I know I won the race against Blade easily, because he kept getting rammed by on coming cars.
#10NotARealPersonPosted 11/2/2013 8:06:41 PM
Ugh i can't stand those other side of road goals
---
http://tmproductions.proboards.com/index.cgi?
GT: Doktor ALUCARD PSN: DoktorDare