no 2 player co-op on playsets

#1gbafreak55Posted 8/18/2013 7:32:52 PM
be warned. what a rip. no where does it say there is no 2 player....
#2katydidddPosted 8/24/2013 5:24:37 PM
You are absolutely right!

1) On my Wii, I can only play split-screen / co-op / 2 remotes and players

when I am in Toy Box Mode.

My "Stories" are single-player only. (Stories are when you choose Monsters; Incredibles; Pirates; Cars; or Lone Ranger in the Main Menue.)

2) I can swap charactes in the Story Mode, to open certain "Vault" boxes that will give me a toy or costume in the Toy Box.

3) The Stories do have CHALLENGES that only certain characters can do, but they are not "Adventures". They are simple races or collect 20 things in a given time.

4) I have a second player remote turned on, but the game shuts off my Player 2 remote when I start the game -- until I enter Toy Box and

Press the A Button to turn it back on and press the Plus Button to join in.
#3damian111111Posted 9/8/2013 12:41:46 AM
Hi, my son desperately wants to play a two player game (and says he's seen it done on youtube) I also found something in the online manual about placing a second character and pressing a on seconde remote. But we can't get it to work anywhere.

In the story mode/playset mode, all remotes but one switch off and won't switch back on. In the start area with the castle and the four colored squares the second remote stays on but no character appears, no matter what you press. (both characters are continuously on the portal)

Is there any way to get to characters in screen simultaniously?
#4katydidddPosted 9/8/2013 7:25:47 AM
Unfortunately, the Wii version is truncated, and will not allow you to place many pieces, or get the prebuilt toy boxes of other consoles. (But, the PS3 has even bigger problems loading and using their patch.)

Only in the Toy Box can you play with two characters responding to two remotes.

Eventually, in the Toy Box, you can go left from the beginning hub, toward a huge floating man with a turban. That is the Combat Toy Box, which has bridges and islands. I think that is the most interesting area for two person interaction.

SORRY!