Will the spec requirements for W3 be similar to Battlefield4?

#1FFT-FanPosted 10/27/2013 1:12:10 PM(edited)
Thinking of getting a new pc with a GTX 770(or maybe 780), i7 4770k. Supposed to be just enough for Battlefield4 on Ultra. But Witcher 3 is the first next gen pc game I really want to buy. If I could run BF4 on Ultra, would I likely be able to run Witcher3 based on what we've seen? Or should I wait for Gtx 870/880, i7 5770k? I could go AMD but I've only had
Intel processors with Nvidia card.

It's my first time custom building a PC, I've only bought retail before now . Extra details: will be getting a good 500gb SSD, good PSU and motherboard that allows the possibility of going SLI later on, 16gb good quality RAM. Probably going with a 1920x1080 Asus monitor, would like 2560x1440 but not sure if specs would have issues at that resolution. 60+ FPS would be great but I know it might not be realistic. I have seen BF4 Beta benchmarks but the final game should be quite a bit more optimized.
#2InTheEyesOfFirePosted 10/28/2013 1:54:08 AM
Only time will tell. CDRed hasn't said anything about specs, but knowing them and how dedicated they are to their community, they'll optimize the hell out of it.
---
It's time for revenge.
Currently playing: Vampire: The Masquerade, TDM, Jedi Outcast.
#3VanderZooPosted 10/29/2013 1:13:15 AM
Hopefully, becuase I plan on getting the PS4 version, and the PS4 version of Battlefield 4 is pretty much on par with the high end PC version, which would mean the same for The Witcher 3 as well, if the requirements are similar.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#4Maynard_JKPosted 11/1/2013 2:27:24 PM
GTX 770(or maybe 780), i7 4770k.

That will run the game better than the PS4 version (most likely), but yeah we are months away from having actual reqs.
---
I was right in the middle of a ****ing reptile zoo. And somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things! It won't be long before they tear us to shreds!
#5CrazyFool319Posted 11/7/2013 10:11:28 PM
InTheEyesOfFire posted...
Only time will tell. CDRed hasn't said anything about specs, but knowing them and how dedicated they are to their community, they'll optimize the hell out of it.

Pretty much this. The game will likely be insanely gorgeous but playable on most older graphics cards as well. Cards that couldnt dream of maxing BF3 could easily max W2 and imo W2 looked much better.
---
SEAHAWKS
#6InTheEyesOfFirePosted 11/8/2013 7:07:19 AM
CrazyFool319 posted...
Pretty much this. The game will likely be insanely gorgeous but playable on most older graphics cards as well. Cards that couldnt dream of maxing BF3 could easily max W2 and imo W2 looked much better.

Pretty much. Even my 7750 plays W2 really well, barely any hiccups ( I do turn shadows down to low though) and it looks better than any next gen game I see.
---
It's time for revenge.
Currently playing: Vampire: The Masquerade, TDM, Jedi Outcast.
#7NfuzedXGamerPosted 11/12/2013 8:25:53 AM
My guess is theyre going to be quite demanding, if youve seen the trailers and looked closely at the gameplay tidbits they showed this is without the new renderer and it already looks damn pretty. Red engine 3 will use a new texture technology if you notice the screenshots the armor on Geralty is detailed to literally every strand, the wolves fur is even detailed accurately and the AA is jacked up on buildings and structures.

My guess also is due to its open world structure it wil be demanding on processing power as well this is just my guess now keep in mind it ALWAYS depends on your resolution you choose to play in, a modest pc could run Witcher 3 on 720P and still look good with settings cranked. This si my accurate guess with 1080P,

CPU- AMD PhenomIIX4 980 3.2GHZ or Intel I5-2500K 3.2GHZ
RAM- 4GB without a doubt
Video Card- Radeon 5770 1GB (Minimum or GTX 460 1GB)
Reccommended- Radeon 7870 or higher GTX 570 or higher

Youll need 2GB graphics card for high settings 3 or 4 would be better obviously,