WTF is this Neo Heisei era I'm hearing about?

#1LBBDPosted 6/4/2013 4:12:49 AM
So what or how does it separate from the Heisei era?

I know after the problems with Hibiki (Parents complaints of it being too violent among other things, A big LOL for that ) Kamen Rider changed and Den-O /New Den-O is a example of it . But why they needed a Neo era in the middle of Heisei era? Last time I checked there was no Neo Showa era.

Also is it because they went overboard with comedy? But still the earlier Heisei Riders did have some light comedy in them.

Any fans know details or have links that might explain this better?
#2BlackDra90nPosted 6/4/2013 4:32:19 AM
http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Neo-Heisei_period

Apparently it's a thing. I've noticed the changes after Decade too, but never thought there was a term for it.
---
Roooaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
#3Tekkaman_GammaPosted 6/4/2013 4:33:15 AM
Being that Kamen Rider Decade was the bridge between the previous 9 Heisei Riders, Kamen Rider W and up are unofficially referenced as Neo Heisei Riders. It's more or less just calling them the next generation riders. :p
---
Ore kore ijou dareka no namida mitakunai. Minna no egao wo mamoru tame nara kyuukyoku no yami ni mo naru. --- Yuusuke
#4OzuDriverPosted 6/4/2013 4:56:53 AM
Tekkaman_Gamma posted...
Being that Kamen Rider Decade was the bridge between the previous 9 Heisei Riders, Kamen Rider W and up are unofficially referenced as Neo Heisei Riders. It's more or less just calling them the next generation riders. :p

Well put honestly. What's more, depending on what credibility the sources have, W through whatever the 2014 rider is are in a trial phase. So come 2015 there may or may not be a change in the formula that ranges from entirely new ideas, which I hope involves the removal of Monster of two weeks idea. Don't think to much on the 'Neo' before their title though. It's just a coined term by English fans, while in Japan someone in another topic mentioned they're termed Second Generation Heisei? So ..eh.
#5NeoDestiny13Posted 6/4/2013 5:15:52 AM(edited)
Did you noticed that the title series was always called "Masked Rider" (except for Kuuga, Ryuki, Hibiki & Kabuto) and since W, it was called "Kamen Rider"?

LBBD posted...
I know after the problems with Hibiki (Parents complaints of it being too violent among other things, A big LOL for that )

Seriously? Hibiki was violent? I just finished watching recently. I admit that the design was quite weird for a Kamen Rider, which is why I had a very slow start to watch it, but the story was quite good in the end. I must say I like the actor who played Hibiki. It's refreshing to have someone older as the main character.
#6OzuDriverPosted 6/4/2013 11:54:34 AM
NeoDestiny13 posted...
Did you noticed that the title series was always called "Masked Rider" (except for Kuuga, Ryuki, Hibiki & Kabuto) and since W, it was called "Kamen Rider"?

LBBD posted...
I know after the problems with Hibiki (Parents complaints of it being too violent among other things, A big LOL for that )

Seriously? Hibiki was violent? I just finished watching recently. I admit that the design was quite weird for a Kamen Rider, which is why I had a very slow start to watch it, but the story was quite good in the end. I must say I like the actor who played Hibiki. It's refreshing to have someone older as the main character.

Never touched up on Hibiki but I do planned to in the future. The story there, with Hibiki being 'weird' was that Hibiki had different plans for it by the original man in charge of it. Long story short there were A LOT of changes and script rewrites for it that made it something of a mess for those involved. Heck, the final episode script arrived on the day of the finale filming after being rewritten several times.
#7SyochanPosted 6/4/2013 7:32:32 PM
Hibiki was classified as violent and had to be reworked slowly from as soon as the first episode.

He henshin/transformed by going up in flames for a start.
The monsters literally caught and ate humans.
Hibiki himself in the first episode stabbed monsters with wolverine like claws from his hands.
He also breathed fire on them too, from an oni style mouth which upset some parents.

Apparently Hibiki itself was from an incomplete script that Ishinomori (father of the Riders) was working on that was not related to Riders in anyway, so take of that what you will.

Hibiki is still one of my favourite suit designs though.
---
"He who understands is not better than he who appreciates, he who appreciates is not better than he who enjoys." Confucius
#8LBBD(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 9:09:40 AM
Syochan posted...
Hibiki was classified as violent and had to be reworked slowly from as soon as the first episode.

He henshin/transformed by going up in flames for a start.
The monsters literally caught and ate humans.
Hibiki himself in the first episode stabbed monsters with wolverine like claws from his hands.
He also breathed fire on them too, from an oni style mouth which upset some parents.

Apparently Hibiki itself was from an incomplete script that Ishinomori (father of the Riders) was working on that was not related to Riders in anyway, so take of that what you will.

Hibiki is still one of my favourite suit designs though.

See from reading what about Hibiki problems and what you just wrote is sad really that they didn't continue from the vision they had in the first place.

Well for anyone watching how is this "Neo" era so far? I'm re-watching the older Heisei Rider (A massive nostalgia attack) The only one I seen from the Neo era well bits of it is W and there a few things I didn't like but I thought the rest was the norm for Kamen Rider.

What I'm trying to say is this Neo era good? From you guys view?
#9Tekkaman_GammaPosted 6/5/2013 9:43:11 AM(edited)
IMO, i'm much more of a fan of the original Heisei Riders (Mostly Agito, Ryuki, Faiz and Blade. I would put Kuuga in the category, but i still haven't watched it yet. :\ Besides that, i'm all caught up with all the Heisei Riders.)

Anyway, there's something about those originals that i really liked about it. For one, i do like the way it was filmed (Like the cameras they used.). Looks a little more real compared to the later. Also, seems the further they went, the further they steered away from a graphic story and "Jerky second riders" (Loved Kaxia's, Delta's second user, and Ouja's character.). Grant it yes, the early Heisei series had there faults as well (With some incomplete stories and what not), but it seems like the chemistry isn't there as much anymore. I still love the heck out of the Neo Heisei series (Especially W and Wizard.). But i miss how it used to be with the Heisei series.

P.S. The only Showa series i watch was Black. And yes, it is all that is awesome !! :D
---
Ore kore ijou dareka no namida mitakunai. Minna no egao wo mamoru tame nara kyuukyoku no yami ni mo naru. --- Yuusuke
#10NeoDestiny13Posted 6/6/2013 2:08:55 AM
Tekkaman_Gamma posted...
Anyway, there's something about those originals that i really liked about it. For one, i do like the way it was filmed (Like the cameras they used.). Looks a little more real compared to the later.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean, it gives you a feeling like that was filmed on real time or something like that.

Tekkaman_Gamma posted...
Also, seems the further they went, the further they steered away from a graphic story and "Jerky second riders" (Loved Kaxia's, Delta's second user, and Ouja's character.).

Another thing I liked, some kind of Evil Riders or Rivals but now they do Evil Riders only in movies...

Tekkaman_Gamma posted...
But i miss how it used to be with the Heisei series.

Yup, what I missed the most is some Evil Riders on TV Series and the fact that they can swap users like in Faiz and Kabuto (Well, only TheBee changed users...), and also more Riders and less Form Change!