Powerups last longer with Gems?

#1MageofBlood391Posted 1/20/2013 8:02:57 PM
How does this work? When I apply gems, it adds a small amount to a bar under the Powerup I added the Gems to, but then they go away after a game. I feel like I'm just wasting my Gems because it doesn't seem to do anything or have any end.

Anybody know how I'm supposed to go about using this feature?
#2TheZodiarkPosted 1/22/2013 1:59:54 AM
Yeah. It's pretty useless, I only use gems when I fail to complete a challenge.
---
Without me, it'll just be aweso. (:
#3MageofBlood391(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:21:42 PM
So... it's basically useless?
#4simondrakePosted 1/26/2013 5:45:57 PM
I did the same thing, I assumed it was leveling up the ability slightly and when the bar is full it would last another 10 seconds or something.
But it vanished after playing a few games.

I think it might boost the powerup for the next time you use it, one time bonus only, which is lame.
---
FFXIII sucked
#5FuSoYaRocksPosted 1/29/2013 8:35:59 AM
Each time you pump it up with a gem, that gives you 1 and only 1 usage of the added ability. So for example, take coin magnet; if you pump in one gem for the "longer usage" benefit, then it can only be used once since you used 1 gem.
---
"IT FEELS LIKE GETTING A TETRIS WITH YOUR ***** OLOL."-----SubTank, and his analysis of what sex feels like
#6MageofBlood391(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:31:40 PM
FuSoYaRocks posted...
Each time you pump it up with a gem, that gives you 1 and only 1 usage of the added ability. So for example, take coin magnet; if you pump in one gem for the "longer usage" benefit, then it can only be used once since you used 1 gem.

Why would anybody ever decide to make a feature work list this? <_<
---
Because having poor eyesight is basically free antialiasing.
#7iceandrewsPosted 2/13/2013 9:30:23 AM
It works nicely for the Coin bonus, which doubles the amount of coins from 50 to 100. If you have the Coin Doubler it jump to 200 as well, which adds up really fast.
---
"I was like, "Did I really just see a ninja?' " said Shilling, 23.
Turns out she did not.