Omg someone please tell me...

#1ICanHearTheHeadPosted 1/23/2013 1:46:18 PM
How you're supposed to make the jump when you come across the river with the big rotating spike trap directly behind it? I always smack right into the trap because there's no room to land.
---
SIDDLE666 & ICHTH: Killin Topics, Smokin Cigs, Wearing Kilts & Kickin You in the ****ing Bawz. \_0_/\_O_/
#2Jackie_ChandlerPosted 1/23/2013 9:42:45 PM
I've seen this multiple times, and it seriously bothers me. The idea is that you have to land on the narrow strip of land between them, then immediately jump again to avoid the one in the back. Sometimes, depending on the space between them and the speed you're going, you can jump over both of them at once. But if your encounters have been anything like mine, most of the time that isn't an option, and by the time you realize you've found yourself in the same crappy situation again, you don't have time to react. It's either let yourself fall in the river, or jump straight into the log trap. It's poor game design, and it's one of the many things that need to be changed in the next update.
---
XBL: Jackie Chandler | PSN: Jackie_Chandler
Pokemon White: 3525-2142-9932
#3simondrakePosted 1/26/2013 4:43:32 PM
I've seen the same setup.
It's killed me twice, I jumped the whole lot once and I managed to Dash through once or twice.

Considering the whole game level is procedurally generated there must be rules about how close two hazard can be. Maybe every hazard has an average buffer-zone but it changes randomly and there's a small chance to get this impossible deathtrap?
---
FFXIII sucked
#4FuSoYaRocksPosted 1/29/2013 7:36:55 AM
You need to look further ahead in your run to anticipate the weird jumping needed to cross an obstacle like this.
---
"IT FEELS LIKE GETTING A TETRIS WITH YOUR ***** OLOL."-----SubTank, and his analysis of what sex feels like
#5VenomSnakePosted 1/30/2013 6:26:44 PM
The problem comes when this comes right after a turn and theres literally nothing you can do. That's happened to me a couple times. FIX THIS!
---
Eric (formerly er51 & er51 is back)
GameFAQs. It's like an RPG with levels and trolls and everything. - Aquatakat on DOS/Windows General
#6Jackie_ChandlerPosted 2/2/2013 11:08:13 AM
Just ran into this combo again after the update. Granted, it wasn't immediately after a corner, but at the very least it can still exist.
---
XBL: Jackie Chandler | PSN: Jackie_Chandler
Pokemon White: 3525-2142-9932
#7olatsPosted 2/5/2013 3:56:01 AM
What I do is, when I'm running fast enough, I jump just before I hit the spikelog. I barely clear the water part, but it works every time.
#8olatsPosted 2/5/2013 4:07:54 AM
Same goes when the water part goes first, jump at the last second.