This game is so buggy...

#11Jackie_ChandlerPosted 1/28/2013 10:41:51 AM
steve_juneau posted...
F*** that s*** 0_0

Took the words right out of my mouth. Maybe more Objectives will be added on later in the game's lifetime- I'm fairly certain that happened with the original Temple Run, too. But until then, I can safely say I'm done with this game. There's no incentive for me to continue playing when I know I won't be able to compete with other people who grinded the eff out of the game's poor attempt at a level system just to get Level 10 so they can essentially have infinite Gems. That's poor game design, and I'm not going to support it.
---
XBL: Jackie Chandler | PSN: Jackie_Chandler
Pokemon White: 3525-2142-9932
#12Jackie_ChandlerPosted 2/2/2013 12:13:17 AM
So out of good faith, I decided to try playing the game again today since it's been updated. And I **** you not, ladies and gentlemen, this is what happened in the very first game I played:

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/Jackie_Chandler/TempleRun2Glitch_zps3e8bd8c3.png

What happened was, I jumped on a zipline, just like I would any other time. There was a Boost Powerup right in front of it, and I only missed it by a hair before grabbing the zipline. I proceeded down the zipline as normal- but when I landed on the ground, my character picked up ungodly speed as if he'd picked up the Boost. The problem? I didn't have the invincibility it's supposed to come with. Immediately after landing, my character ran into the entrance to the mines, jumped in the cart, and hit a section where the cart has to be tilted to avoid falling off. Of course, I was moving so fast (not to mention I was still trying to figure out what the hell was going on), I didn't have time to do anything. Naturally, I died, but instead of the typical death animation, I got... Well, see for yourselves.
---
#13Flamingcow99Posted 2/2/2013 6:51:12 PM
Jackie_Chandler posted...
So out of good faith, I decided to try playing the game again today since it's been updated. And I **** you not, ladies and gentlemen, this is what happened in the very first game I played:

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/Jackie_Chandler/TempleRun2Glitch_zps3e8bd8c3.png

What happened was, I jumped on a zipline, just like I would any other time. There was a Boost Powerup right in front of it, and I only missed it by a hair before grabbing the zipline. I proceeded down the zipline as normal- but when I landed on the ground, my character picked up ungodly speed as if he'd picked up the Boost. The problem? I didn't have the invincibility it's supposed to come with. Immediately after landing, my character ran into the entrance to the mines, jumped in the cart, and hit a section where the cart has to be tilted to avoid falling off. Of course, I was moving so fast (not to mention I was still trying to figure out what the hell was going on), I didn't have time to do anything. Naturally, I died, but instead of the typical death animation, I got... Well, see for yourselves.

I had the boost glitch too, but not that minecart glitch.
---
Poll: (E(:{)) Mario:40 or Kirby:54 (>'-')>
(>'-')>=={#} ...I've got nothing. Just pretend there's something funny here.
#14VenomSnakePosted 2/3/2013 10:47:46 AM
Ive had the boost glitch a bunch of times both before and after the patch. Never seen the minecart one though.
---
Eric (formerly er51 & er51 is back)
GameFAQs. It's like an RPG with levels and trolls and everything. - Aquatakat on DOS/Windows General
#15Jackie_ChandlerPosted 2/3/2013 11:13:07 AM
I think I know what you guys are talking about, but this one was different. Normally, if you run out of Boost while you're on a zipline, you'll retain the speed of the Boost once you land on the ground. The time I ran into the minecart glitch, though, I didn't grab the Boost Powerup at all. It was right in front of the zipline, and when I jumped to grab the zipline, I just barely missed grabbing it. It's one of the weirdest glitches I've run into in this game so far.
---
#16Cory898Posted 2/4/2013 5:36:38 AM
Jackie_Chandler posted...
NightStrife posted...
I'm pretty sure it inst glitched. I know that the total coins counter in the stat menu is bugged, but the progress bar for the objective seems to be updating correctly.

One person on these boards reported the progress reset every time he exited the game and came back. I haven't closed the game's app since I got the Objective for that specific reason. At the very least, I noticed that the coins I got for the 100,000 coin Objective didn't count towards the one for 500,000.

That was me, but soon after I didn't have that problem anymore. The lifetime stats were still bugged but my progress continued just fine. I can confirm that lifetime seems to be a poor wording as these coin earning objectives seem to start when you get them. Right now I have both the 500k and one mil objectives on display so I assume I'm at least earning toward both with each coin I collect.

Also, there was an update a few days ago (for apple users at least) that fixed many issues. No more seeing the same objective twice. No more occasional crashing on startup. And lifetime stats are working, though still not an accurate representation of everything I've one. I think it just started keeping an accurate count from that time forward. Hope this satisfies anyone who found these issues to be a deal breaker.
---
Formerly Sortagacktfan to any who would recognize me by that username.
#17Jackie_ChandlerPosted 2/4/2013 11:15:02 PM
Cory898 posted...
That was me, but soon after I didn't have that problem anymore. The lifetime stats were still bugged but my progress continued just fine. I can confirm that lifetime seems to be a poor wording as these coin earning objectives seem to start when you get them. Right now I have both the 500k and one mil objectives on display so I assume I'm at least earning toward both with each coin I collect.

Also, there was an update a few days ago (for apple users at least) that fixed many issues. No more seeing the same objective twice. No more occasional crashing on startup. And lifetime stats are working, though still not an accurate representation of everything I've one. I think it just started keeping an accurate count from that time forward. Hope this satisfies anyone who found these issues to be a deal breaker.

Nice. Thanks for the update. I've done a little observing myself, and I've noticed a couple fairly important changes/fixes. The first is that you can no longer run run into a wall while you have the Coin Magnet Powerup active and reset the bar before its time runs out. And more importantly, the second is that Gem Bonus no longer requires Level 10 to unlock- the update reduced the requirement to Level 9.

Really though, that's kind of bittersweet news for those who have updated. Unless the update took away Experience from those who completed more than one Circumnavigator/Gold Miner, it would have been better to grind the former out than go for the "Infinirunner" Objective for 10,000,000 meters. Ugh.
---
#18Cory898Posted 2/5/2013 7:15:18 PM
I'm pretty sure at this point the 1,000,000 lifetime coin objective isn't making progress. In the time the 500,000 coin bar has moved forward a couple of millimeters on my screen I expected to see half that amount of progress on the million coin one but it hasn't moved at all. At this point I'm guessing it won't move until the 500k goal is met.

Also, I almost freaked out over this infinirunner objective you spoke of until I realized it must be a lifetime goal like circumnavigator. For awhile I was imagining going for ten million meters in one run and that is the kind of insanity I'm just not ready for. I mean even with the save me cost reduction maxed out we're talking a cost in the thousands of gems once you've tapped save me more than ten times. Imagine the gem saving to go for a run like that. And then it would be one try and if you've failed you have to start all over collecting.
---
Formerly Sortagacktfan to any who would recognize me by that username.
#19BigTee66Posted 2/6/2013 9:09:32 PM
How did you take a picture of that glitch?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Ji5QbEJ.gif
Burstman: The Danger Wrap isnt a Taco Bell meal
#20Jackie_ChandlerPosted 2/6/2013 10:24:59 PM
Cory898 posted...
I'm pretty sure at this point the 1,000,000 lifetime coin objective isn't making progress. In the time the 500,000 coin bar has moved forward a couple of millimeters on my screen I expected to see half that amount of progress on the million coin one but it hasn't moved at all. At this point I'm guessing it won't move until the 500k goal is met.

Also, I almost freaked out over this infinirunner objective you spoke of until I realized it must be a lifetime goal like circumnavigator. For awhile I was imagining going for ten million meters in one run and that is the kind of insanity I'm just not ready for. I mean even with the save me cost reduction maxed out we're talking a cost in the thousands of gems once you've tapped save me more than ten times. Imagine the gem saving to go for a run like that. And then it would be one try and if you've failed you have to start all over collecting.

I was just about to post the same thing. The Objective descriptions shouldn't make mention of "Lifetime Coins" if the progress on them only starts/gets reset between each one. That's silly.

And you're correct. The Infinirunner Objective is very much a Lifetime Goal (an actual one, I hope).

BigTee66 posted...
How did you take a picture of that glitch?

Sleep + Home buttons at the same time.
---