Did I just die for no reason?

#1Bigmac909Posted 2/7/2013 12:07:53 PM
I was in the 7 mil range, going for a high score. I double tapped to use my boost, and then about 3 seconds into it the big monkey just came and grabbed me out of nowhere! Is there a timer for how long you're allowed to go too or something? I didn't trip on anything before or after I used the boost, and obviously you're supposed to be invincible while using the boost. What gives?
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#2steve_juneauPosted 2/7/2013 2:43:15 PM
Happened to me before. I was in a cart in the mines and out of nowhere the monkey grabbed me. I didn't even get a prompt to use a gem to recover. Just a harsh 'LOL GAME OVER!'.

It was akin to my mum pulling the plug on my SNES when I were a kid. No rhyme nor reason, just 'LOL GAME OVER!'.
#3Jackie_ChandlerPosted 2/7/2013 6:35:03 PM
This has happened to me a couple times as well. And like the above user said, there was no option to save myself after it happened, either. I was in the wooded area, not doing anything out of the ordinary (like using Power-ups, sliding in sections I wasn't supposed to, etc.) when it happened, IIRC. Just out of curiosity, were you playing on the updated version of TR2, TC? It happened to me before the update, so I'm just wondering if it might have been fixed or not.
---
XBL: Jackie Chandler | PSN: Jackie_Chandler
Pokemon White: 3525-2142-9932