stupid stuff in this game

#1ysukbPosted 2/10/2013 12:24:01 PM
the objectives get ridiculous. 1,000,000 lifetime coins and 10,000,000 meters will take like 6 months to complete. not to mention, my 500,000 lifetime coin meter is over halfway filled up, but the 1,000,000 is only about a tenth thanks to that glitch.

the shield is a waste of an ability. one might say its better than nothing, but if you got rid of the shield, then the other powerups would appear more frequently.

the powerups you collect don't "stack." meaning, if you get the magnet, and happen to collect another magnet while the previous one is still in use, collecting the second one is totally pointless. it should extend your existing magnet. we shouldnt be punished for upgrading our abilities to last long enough to screw us over

the "score bonus" powerup... 500 points added to score. please look at your score while running and notice how quickly you earn 500 points. its only a fraction of a second. why in the world is this a powerup? i feel like we are getting screwed out of a much better, interesting option

"lasts longer with gems" for the magnet and boost should last longer the more you put into it. if i put 5, it should last longer than if i put 1. it doesnt matter how many you put in. its all the same. putting in more lets you use it more often. big whoop
---
Let's go Pens!
#2Kamek85Posted 2/11/2013 6:13:29 AM
ysukb posted...
the objectives get ridiculous. 1,000,000 lifetime coins and 10,000,000 meters will take like 6 months to complete. not to mention, my 500,000 lifetime coin meter is over halfway filled up, but the 1,000,000 is only about a tenth thanks to that glitch.

the shield is a waste of an ability. one might say its better than nothing, but if you got rid of the shield, then the other powerups would appear more frequently.

the powerups you collect don't "stack." meaning, if you get the magnet, and happen to collect another magnet while the previous one is still in use, collecting the second one is totally pointless. it should extend your existing magnet. we shouldnt be punished for upgrading our abilities to last long enough to screw us over

the "score bonus" powerup... 500 points added to score. please look at your score while running and notice how quickly you earn 500 points. its only a fraction of a second. why in the world is this a powerup? i feel like we are getting screwed out of a much better, interesting option

"lasts longer with gems" for the magnet and boost should last longer the more you put into it. if i put 5, it should last longer than if i put 1. it doesnt matter how many you put in. its all the same. putting in more lets you use it more often. big whoop

Score Bonus is especially useless when you consider that Coin Bonus will earn 50,000 points by virtue of netting 50 coins. The principles of logical game balance would dictate that no power-up should totally dominate any other power-up in this regard.

And yet. You can't really demand the world from free-to-play games, particularly when they're rushed to market to soak in the ephemeral buzz. Know that these games were made for an altogether different audience, one that doesn't require extensive play testing or quality assurance.
#3ConquistadorX90Posted 2/11/2013 3:12:32 PM
The 500 score bonus is multiplied by your current multiplier. So if you're at x50 then it would be 25,000 points but i agree it is pretty useless compared to the other bonuses. All i ever use now is the speed boost one cause i can get it all the time and not worry about half of the obstacles. Its great for avoiding the water spiky log trap combos.