What should be the new items for MK8?

#1Mark1117Posted 6/20/2013 8:46:47 PM
Each game, there's at least one new item you can use. We don't know what new items are featured in MK8, so what do you think they should be?

I'm thinking of an ice flower, making turns harder to do for a bit for anyone that gets hit, but I know there's better ideas out there.
#2BabyLuigiOnFirePosted 6/20/2013 9:40:41 PM
A homing banana cannon from the Mario Kart Arcade GP games
---
Baby Luigi>All
#3TweedsidersPosted 6/21/2013 4:12:44 AM
I'm guessing there will be 3 new items like MKwii and MK7.

Freezie : creates an icy patch on the ground that reduces traction greatly when run over, the effect can sometimes freeze your tires, locking steering and causing massive sliding.

Mini mushroom : Drops on the tracks and shrinks other racers who run over it, it is extremely hard to see, the shrinking effect lasts only half as long as a lightning induced shrink.

Rain cloud : Used upon obtaining, causes the kart to slide and lose most of its traction, can transfer to other karts if they come into contact with the kart.
#4NukleenPosted 6/22/2013 11:33:27 AM
I'm going to facepalm if there's a "lucky 8" >_>
#5Wiiboy4everPosted 6/22/2013 11:41:00 AM
Nukleen posted...

you and me both, brother
#6desvendsenPosted 6/22/2013 1:51:37 PM
Four items is better than 3.
1. P Wing: makes your character fly for 5 to ten seconds.
2. King Bomb-omb: bigger explosion
3. Ice flower: Freezes people for 2 to 3 seconds
4. Amp: Turn into an amp and every person you hit shrinks, loses item, and shrinks.
#7PyroDillbrainPosted 6/23/2013 3:25:04 PM
desvendsen posted...
4. Amp: Turn into an amp and every person you hit shrinks, loses item, and shrinks.

normally these sorts of threads have really bad item suggestions but this isn't bad actually

aside from the king bob-omb that would be a bit ridiculous

also 2-3 seconds is a blue shell hit in mkw not counting the ssmt so that'd have to be lower
---
nnid: fiveleafclover
#8desvendsenPosted 6/24/2013 12:56:50 PM
PyroDillbrain posted...
desvendsen posted...

normally these sorts of threads have really bad item suggestions but this isn't bad actually

aside from the king bob-omb that would be a bit ridiculous

also 2-3 seconds is a blue shell hit in mkw not counting the ssmt so that'd have to be lower

It's because I actually know which items should be new. King Bomb-omb as an item because it would make the game more of a strategy and I love strategy. If not an item, a character slot would be nice for King Bomb-omb. King Boo is already in the series as a playable character. One second for the ice flower. There is already the fire flower confirmed.
#9supertoad64Posted 6/24/2013 2:46:04 PM
Nukleen posted...

"Magic 8 Ball"
#10MuTeKiKenPosted 6/24/2013 3:33:07 PM
supertoad64 posted...
"Magic 8 Ball"

I love it! Perfect troll item! You take the item box and it shuffles through items till you find it. Once you've done that, after use a message that reads "Will I win?" and the 8 ball shuffles until 1 answer is displayed like "ask again later". Throughout this whole process you can't pick up new items from item boxes.
---
Currently playing - A game for hardcore fans only