Not released on 3DS?

#21BringerOfPiePosted 8/24/2013 4:50:34 PM
Why wasn't Mario Kart 7 released on Wii U? Any idea why?

But really, I can't tell if anything in this topic is serious.

cs_shane posted...
Mario Kart 8 should have been called "Mario Kart U" to differentiate from Mario Kart 7. Mario Kart "8" implies that it is a sequel.

Using that logic, Mario Kart 7 should've been called "Mario Kart 3D" to differentiate from the previous six Mario Kart games, since it wasn't a sequel to the previous six Mario Kart games. Except, you know, that it was.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9720-8138
ACNL: Bitey in Shloft
#22BabyLuigiOnFirePosted 8/24/2013 5:56:41 PM
the year of the luigi pack idea in this thread is upsetting
---
Baby Luigi>All
Being number not one never felt so good.
#23gamestar3000Posted 8/24/2013 9:32:00 PM
BabyLuigiOnFire posted...

lolthis
---
Original signature, do not steal.
#24DaisyfanboyPosted 8/24/2013 10:18:29 PM
gamestar3000 posted...

lolthis

And lets face it, a year of luigi pack would probably have nabbit and two toads being added as playable and like five luigi circuits
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#25gamestar3000Posted 8/24/2013 10:54:37 PM
Daisyfanboy posted...
gamestar3000 posted...

lolthis

And lets face it, a year of luigi pack would probably have nabbit and two toads being added as playable and like five luigi circuits

lol
---
Original signature, do not steal.
#26BringerOfPiePosted 8/24/2013 11:01:31 PM
Daisyfanboy posted...
gamestar3000 posted...

lolthis

Hahahaha

(though on a serious note, I've actually really warmed up to Nabbit as a character. I didn't give a s*** about him in NSMBU and I didn't play NSLU at all, but I now suddenly think he's comical and adorable. I'd much rather have him become a permanent member of the Mario cast than more babies or more Toad recolors)
---
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9720-8138
ACNL: Bitey in Shloft
#27KartinKongPosted 8/25/2013 8:58:34 AM
You guys know that by the time this game comes out the Year of Luigi will have already ended, right? And why are we still talking about this?

As for this topic, what made you think there'd be a 3DS release anyway!?
#28RickystilwellPosted 8/26/2013 9:25:17 AM
There has only ever been 1 Mario Kart game per console (16-bit or higher), starting with the Super Nintendo.

Never before the 3DS had they numbered any of the games though. It did have me wondering why they didn't call Mario Kart 7 "Mario Kart 3DS" at first though.

The first thing I thought of was Mario Party and I said "oh no, are they going to ruin this great series by spamming a new Mario Kart every year with nothing but new tracks each year?

I don't think they would ever clone any of the titles. But I am wary of Mario Kart 9 getting mentioned out of the blue for one of these systems or the other. Hopefully if that ever does happen, it will be different enough and add enough to make it distinct from the previous game.
#29Nin3DSFanPosted 8/26/2013 3:48:41 PM
Um...
Mario Kart 7 = December 2011
Mario Kart 8 = Spring 2014

That's every year, right?
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#30DTY3Posted 8/31/2013 10:31:05 AM
moogle69 posted...
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Kids like TC make me feel so old.

I know what you mean.

This.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.