Rate the mario kart games from best to worst.
Mario Kart DS: Very smooth and fast gameplay. Plus, rubberbanding is almost non-existent because of of the fast gameplay.
Mario Kart 64: Very nostalgic and memorable. Spiny Shells were rare, making racing more of a game of skill.
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!: I love the concept. Unfortunately this game started the whole flying, exploding Spiny Shell business.
Mario Kart Super Circuit: I liked the track ideas, but driving feels like you're constantly driving in rainy weather. So slippery.
Super Mario Kart: I loved it as a kid, but now that I played it years after, it is incredibly rubberbandy.
Mario Kart 7: It would been with MKW, but the ranking system after cups are more reasonable. Rubberbanding CPUs, bothersome green shells and spike shells galore.
Mario Kart Wii: Same as Mario Kart 7, except for the ranking system. It is quite ridiculous at times.
Brawl FC: 5069-3752-2714 /3DS FC: 2964-8605-0439
Random Warning: HEAD FOR THE HILLS AND PUT YOUR ARMOR ON! THE FANBOYS ARE COMING!!!
Mario Kart Double Dash:
Mario Kart 7:
Mario Kart DS:
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart 64
haven't played Mario Kart Super Circuit or Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart Wii > Mario Kart 7 > Mario Kart Double Dash > Mario Kart 64 > Mario kart DS > Mario Kart Super Circuit > Super Mario Kart
K. Rool is Love, K. Rool is Life
My Dream Roster: http://i.imgur.com/iwVAIns.png
1. Mario Kart 64 - had the best and most memorable tracks and music so far IMO, some really crazy bugs here and there made it funny as hell too :) I don't think it has bad physics like some people say, I actually like them most of all MK games so far, it's just a shame it didn't run 60 FPS.
2. Mario Kart 7 - really close physics to MK64, which is a good thing. Also has 60 FPS, yay! I didn't like some of the courses, though (for example Wario's galleon), but it also had some awesome ones (The new Rainbow Road!) Red and blue shell sounds were less annoying than in MKDS. Really great online play, too! I think this would be great on a home console. There's a big chance that MK8 will top MK64 for me, unless they screw it up royally!
3. Mario Kart: Double Dash - Really nice graphics, although I didn't like the physics so much and the camera angling while steering is off and feels strange. Great inclusion of Co-op and a nice touch with the tandem karts. Still feels a bit gimmicky, and courses were a bit disappointing too. Music was bland when compared to MK64.
4. Mario Kart DS - Had those weird physics where the karts slowly rotate in mid-air when getting hit and didn't look appealing graphically, still fun to play at 60 FPS. I didn't like the addition of the annoying red and blue shell sounds. And yay for N64 retro tracks!
5. Super Mario Kart - Really old-school physics, but the slippery stuff is funny in a way too. It's still fun to play every now and then. Played this endlessly with friends in Battle mode :D
6. Mario Kart Wii - Worst physics in the series. You bounce miles off walls and stop to a halt just by driving sideways into them, feels like a bumper in a pinball machine but not a f**ing wall! What were they thinking? Also has this really bad slow turning in mid-air motion when a kart gets hit, and less fun sounds too. Make them spin faster, add more brutal smashing sounds like in MK64, it's much more fun! Multiplayer was also really bad, FPS drops totally ruined it for me. Turn down the graphics (bloom) stuff if it's not going to run smoothly otherwise! Where's the quality control in this game? Tracks are nice, and I loved some of them, especially the redone retro tracks, but the things mentioned before ruined the game for me mostly. Camera angle was a tad better than on GameCube, and great selection of characters, though. I still feel that bikes are a bit weird.
From best to worst:
At this point, only one word signifies me:..yes.
3DS: 5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41