wii u controller for MK7?

#1redialedPosted 1/5/2014 11:45:43 AM
Hi, sorry that this post is a little off topic, but i got a wii u and am excited for mario kart 8

Ive been playing mario kart 7 on the wii u to keep me busy, but i cant use my old gamecube controllers (which i could for the wii)

so the question is, if i buy the controller pro type controller made for the wii u, will it let me use it for wii games on the wii u?

or do i need a controller of the same gen or earlier? im either getting an extra wii controller pro, or a wii u controller pro if that makes sense

thank you and sorry for the wierd question. i google searched but only came up with articles asking about the wii u gamepad which is not what im looking into
#2pikachu936Posted 1/5/2014 11:47:26 AM
Yeah, you need a controller of the same gen or earlier, which for Wii games, would be Wiimote, Nunchuk, or classic controller for Wii games.
---
(>-'.'-)> 2 Kirbies went into a food store, the next day the store went bankrupt. <(-'.'-<)
David Mitchell > You.
#3greatdimentioPosted 1/5/2014 11:48:36 AM
You mean Wii. 7 is on 3DS.
---
Not changing this signature until Fawful, Dimentio, or another Mario RPG character becomes playable in a spinoff like Mario Kart, Party, or Sports.
#4redialed(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 12:16:50 PM
pikachu936 posted...
Yeah, you need a controller of the same gen or earlier, which for Wii games, would be Wiimote, Nunchuk, or classic controller for Wii games.

thank you for the very quick and to the point answer. appreciate it very much

greatdimentio posted...
You mean Wii. 7 is on 3DS.

you are right i forgot what it was called. its the one for wii

thanks again both of you guys, cant wait until 8 comes out it looks gorgeous
#5Nin3DSFanPosted 1/6/2014 5:55:55 PM
Lol

"I forgot the name of that Mario Kart for the Wii". I love it.

Yeah, what is that one called? You know that Mario Kart game... for the Wii? You know that one?

Seriously it's not hard. How can anyone "forget" that the Mario Kart for Wii is called ... Mario Kart Wii?
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#6gamestar3000Posted 1/6/2014 6:06:58 PM
Nin3DSFan posted...
Lol

Yeah, what is that one called? You know that Mario Kart game... for the Wii? You know that one?

Seriously it's not hard. How can anyone "forget" that the Mario Kart for Wii is called ... Mario Kart Wii?

Chill the f*** out, no use rustling your jimmies over something pointless.
---
Star Wolf, Y U no let me do that?
#7Nin3DSFanPosted 1/6/2014 9:34:52 PM
gamestar3000 posted...
Nin3DSFan posted...
Lol

Chill the f*** out, he says.

Chill the f*** out? I am chilled. I just find it weird how anyone can forget the name of the Mario Kart game for the Wii, when it's so obvious.
---
#8gamestar3000Posted 1/6/2014 10:36:05 PM
Nin3DSFan posted...
gamestar3000 posted...
Nin3DSFan posted...
Lol

Chill the f*** out, he says.

Chill the f*** out? I am chilled. I just find it weird how anyone can forget the name of the Mario Kart game for the Wii, when it's so obvious.

You're the only one with that kind of reaction over something not even serious. Nobody cares.
---
Star Wolf, Y U no let me do that?
#9xXDa-KidXxPosted 1/7/2014 12:35:34 AM
You should ice.
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers <--[Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and more!]
#10Nin3DSFanPosted 1/7/2014 2:05:20 PM
If you're in North America, it's impossible NOT to chill out.
---