Ideal "Ultimate" Roster for Mario Kart (150 characters)

#1greatdimentioPosted 3/8/2014 7:47:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/IrMc6zQ.png

This will never happen in my lifetime, but I tried to make an "ultimate" Mario Kart roster (It would also work for other Mario spinoffs as well, with a few tweaks)

I used my knowledge of the Mario universe as a basis for this, and then added the most popular Wario and DK characters (and I realize I left out King K. Rool, just mentally replace a random minor character like Fly Guy with him)
---
To my love: It was wonderful knowing you, darling. I'll always miss you.
Not changing this signature until a Mario RPG character becomes playable in a spinoff
#2CMPunkCMPunkPosted 3/8/2014 7:56:08 AM
I count a grand total of 60 RPG characters. Nevermind choices like Kirby, and Captain Falcon, that is a full 2/5 of the roster. And it still has no K. Rool. Bad roster, sorry.
#3greatdimentio(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 8:01:54 AM
I acknowledged the lack of K. Rool already. And it isn't my fault that the Mario RPGs are literal gold mines for characters compared to most other parts of the series.
---
Not changing this signature until a Mario RPG character becomes playable in a spinoff
#4CMPunkCMPunkPosted 3/8/2014 8:27:34 AM
It absolutely is your fault. You obviously created this list to favor your obnoxious RPG character agenda. There are lots of amazing characters in the platformers and stuff, but you deliberately put a million goombas when just the default one would do, when there are many other wonderful species and characters to use. You don't even have a Chargin Chuck, for crissake! This list greatly favors all spin offs, and doesn't acknowledge the extremely popular platformers. This can hardly be considered ideal, or ultimate.
#5greatdimentio(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 8:54:04 AM(edited)
Chargin Chuck wasn't on the SSB Roster Maker.

I wanted to make something that for ONCE didn't ONLY favor the platformers. There's plenty of platform characters there. It seems every time somebody sees a character Nintendo will never use they automatically pass it off as a bad roster. This roster was not meant to be realistic anyway.

I mean, damn, can't I make a single roster topic without getting flamed like crazy? Sheesh.
---
#6gamestar3000Posted 3/8/2014 9:01:35 AM
greatdimentio posted...
Chargin Chuck wasn't on the SSB Roster Maker.

I wanted to make something that for ONCE didn't ONLY favor the platformers. There's plenty of platform characters there. It seems every time somebody sees a character Nintendo will never use they automatically pass it off as a bad roster. This roster was not meant to be realistic anyway.

I mean, damn, can't I make a single roster topic without getting flamed like crazy? Sheesh.

One word. Overkill.
---
Disco's dead, and so are you.
#7metalXgearPosted 3/8/2014 9:04:27 AM
Yeah it doesn't have Chargin Chuck or Spike. You could do a lot better with this and I'm not even mentioning the inclusion of Kirby and Falcon because at least you choose them your self and also at least u admitted to forgetting about K. Rool.
---
Wii Console: 0917 6760 4711 4172
Wii nick name: Luis
#8morning_redPosted 3/8/2014 9:25:37 AM
Personally I'd love a Frog Suit Mario.

Long live the Frog Suit.
#9CMPunkCMPunkPosted 3/8/2014 9:38:34 AM
"I wanted to make something that for ONCE didn't ONLY favor the platformers."
No, what you wanted to do was completely ignore the platformers in the name of putting a million RPG characters in.

"There's plenty of platform characters there."
Hardly any compared to the spinoff characters. The newcomers from them can be counted on fingers.

"It seems every time somebody sees a character Nintendo will never use they automatically pass it off as a bad roster. This roster was not meant to be realistic anyway."
It's not a bad roster because it contains a character Nintendo will never use. It's because there are over 60 of them.

"I mean, damn, can't I make a single roster topic without getting flamed like crazy? Sheesh."

Nobody is flaming you, we just acknowledge that this is far from an ideal, ultimate roster, especially considering that you yourself acknowledged at least one glaring flaw, even from your point of view.

Btw dude, I know the Mario spin offs are part of your Aspie special interest, but you simply must calm down.
#10HiiiiiTechnicalPosted 3/8/2014 9:52:09 AM(edited)
Just curious to everyone complaining about the RPG characters, would you have rathered ParaGoomba, Dry Goomba, Gold Paratroopa, Gold Koopa, Metal Mario, Fire Mario, Bee Mario, and all of the other clones? The main series mario games really don't have a lot of characters to choose from. One paper mario game has more characters than half of the main series

EDIT: although putting Paper Mario, Paper Luigi & paper bowser is overkill.
---
"...and so the cycle of life continues. But the cycle never repeats itself in quite the same way..."
Popple for MK8!