Played it today

#1trenkenPosted 5/18/2014 9:36:02 AM
Mario circuit and sweet sweet canyon. Graphically it looked nice but not overly impressive. Well done visuals of course but overall looked like exactly what we would expect out of an hd mk. A new art style would have been very nice.

The gameplay is rock solid of course. Took me a lap to get the hang of mario and his default kart. It felt very heavy for some reason but i adjusted to it. The tracks are well designed, and the antigravity thing adds almost nothing to the gameplay out side of the bump boosting which is a nice new feature.

Definitely getting it, not out of my mind hyped for it, overall its more of the same which isnt a bad thing, just woukd have liked a totally new art style maybe like a paper mario kart with some cool fire and wind power ups to blow other karts around, or maybe a scissor add on, but for what it is, a pretty safe mario kart sequel, its a solid game, probably the best on the U imo, just could have been a lot more of course.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#2FunkyKong84Posted 5/18/2014 10:37:03 AM
trenken posted...
Mario circuit and sweet sweet canyon. Graphically it looked nice but not overly impressive. Well done visuals of course but overall looked like exactly what we would expect out of an hd mk. A new art style would have been very nice.

The gameplay is rock solid of course. Took me a lap to get the hang of mario and his default kart. It felt very heavy for some reason but i adjusted to it. The tracks are well designed, and the antigravity thing adds almost nothing to the gameplay out side of the bump boosting which is a nice new feature.

Definitely getting it, not out of my mind hyped for it, overall its more of the same which isnt a bad thing, just woukd have liked a totally new art style maybe like a paper mario kart with some cool fire and wind power ups to blow other karts around, or maybe a scissor add on, but for what it is, a pretty safe mario kart sequel, its a solid game, probably the best on the U imo, just could have been a lot more of course.

I was agreeing until I saw the lame reference to Paper Mario...

The art style is alright. The biggest problem for this game is the potential "been there, done that" feeling it might give.to fans of the series
#3TweedsidersPosted 5/18/2014 10:38:34 AM
FunkyKong84 posted...
I was agreeing until I saw the lame reference to Paper Mario...

---
3DS FC - 4871-3511-4727
#4TheIastspartanPosted 5/18/2014 10:38:38 AM
Why the hell would it get a new art style? My god the amount of bad topics are off the charts today.
#5BabyLuigiOnFirePosted 5/18/2014 10:39:01 AM
It's the same game yeah, but it's the same game I had always wanted....but with brand new tracks that is. That's where my love comes from: the beautiful tracks and the ear-pleasing soundtrack that comes with it. For me, I think it's definitely a contender for my favorite Mario Kart game. I think the anti-gravity is also pretty sweet too. Getting that speed boost when hitting those obstacles never felt so good before.
---
I'm a girl who loves Baby Luigi and accepted him as my personal lord and savior.
Your local Wario sadist.
#6ZazaajiPosted 5/18/2014 10:43:04 AM
Mario Kart: The CoD of Nintendo games.
---
PSN and WiiU: Zazaaji
#7BabyLuigiOnFirePosted 5/18/2014 10:50:47 AM
Zazaaji posted...

It's not really a CoD when it comes out once every 4 years or so
---
I'm a girl who loves Baby Luigi and accepted him as my personal lord and savior.
Your local Wario sadist.
#8JonaqqPosted 5/18/2014 10:51:39 AM
Zazaaji posted...

If you think that's what this is then I personally don't want you supporting Nintendo with your money.
#9trenken(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 11:23:05 AM
TheIastspartan posted...
Why the hell would it get a new art style? My god the amount of bad topics are off the charts today.

Because i walked away a little underwhelmed, thats why. Its the same game were all already played. Changing the art style goes a long way to changing the vibe of a game.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#10Vlugge_JapiePosted 5/18/2014 11:53:19 AM
I think cell shading would look pretty good on MK.
---
If you're a Muppet fan please check out my site:
http://muppet-madness.blogspot.com/