PSA: Coins are NOT added to your tally the second you grab them.

#31teknic1200Posted 6/3/2014 12:18:31 PM
Steven-Chase posted...
RatheV posted...
This is incorrect for a simple reason.

Upon starting a new file, you can unlock the part for getting 50 coins after a single Grand Prix.

Can you support this claim?

It did not happen to me and in the first 16 GPs I did I did not unlock every GP as would have happened if I got all coins touched. Instead I unlocked every other GP with the rare two GPs unlocking something in a row.

I agree with TC in the 1000+ coins I collected before heading online to play.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#32FFMaster1212Posted 6/3/2014 12:21:57 PM
YOU GET a Max of 10 coins a Race PER PERSON RACING (MEANING IF YOU HAVE 3 people and all three get 10 coins you get 30 for that race) I witnessed this first hand as I was racing alone first and didn't unlock a part until 80 coins (Flower cup) Then I Put both my brothers on support detail and Had them Collecting coins as a SECONDARY PRIORITY. one was watching (I Pretty much knew the race courses by watching Youtube so I took up Blue shell Warning using the gamepad) every race me and my brothers were (ME 1st, Youngest 2nd, Middle 5th) but after two races we had obtained 250+ coins total (middle brother didn't collect many coins)
---
accf 1721-5215-5431 name:Aaron town:homely;
3ds friend code:1590-4706-8328
#33Steven-Chase(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 12:24:05 PM
Yeah. Let's say you raced your first GP and came out of it with 35 coins. No unlock.

Second GP, and you earned a perfect 40 coins this time. OK, that's 75 coins, so here's an unlock.

Third GP, not so hot. You only pocketed 25 coins. But, hey, here's another unlock. Because 25 + 75 = 100.

Here's another one.

You have exactly 49 coins. You enter a GP and come out of it with 40 coins. That's 89 coins. You got an unlock. Race another GP, get another 40, now we're at 129, there's another unlock. Another GP, another 40, now we're at 169, another unlock. Another GP, another 40, 209, another unlock. That's 4 GPs in a row, 40 coins each, an unlock each time.

Also add the fact that unlock notifications stack. If you did a full-on 32-track multiplayer versus session, you'll likely accumulate enough coins to unlock 2 or more parts. When you get your notification, you're only going to be told about 1 part. Until you go and see what that part is, the game won't tell you that you unlocked any more. So, you may go race a single race, get a notification, and think, "holy hell, how'd I get 50 coins in ONE RACE?"

See?

This is why I think people are confused.
---
http://www.steven-chase.com
http://www.megamanmonthly.com
#34bfist1stPosted 6/3/2014 12:26:36 PM
Tag

I agree, there are variables and this is interesting.
---
Multi Platform Gaming "IPh1zt" @
Mario Kart 8 - PvZ Garden Warfare - Titanfall - Trials - Battlefield 4 --- Destiny
#35woody71Posted 6/3/2014 12:33:26 PM(edited)
if you race online and collect more then 100 coins in 1 session you only see one part showing up

now you can go back to the main screen to get another message and back to the part sellection to get the new part

rins repeat...

you can only collect 10 per race!

edit: same goes for multiplayer since you get 1 popup per time visiting the main screen and you can unlock 3 parts in 1 grandprix with 4 players this get's "saved up" till you get your new part and go back to the main screen again
---
to the Grammar Police!-\/
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1062/50947440.gif
#36ThatGuyZPosted 6/3/2014 12:32:57 PM
Okay, I know damn well this is false.

1.) I've gotten unlocks from playing VS mode midpoint and stopping, and the game gave me a notifier saying, "You unlocked such and such", so the point of you gaining nothing when you quit is false.

2.) When I first played the game, I got a part by the first GP I did in 100cc, so that's moot.
---
3DS: 5370-0900-3336(Ground: Trapinch, Nincada, Palpitoad)/Wii-U: NewZen41
#37ThatGuyZPosted 6/3/2014 12:34:56 PM
Steven-Chase posted...
But I will say this to everyone who is pointing to something like this as definitive proof that coins are earned instantly...

Go try and grind for them then.

Because it doesn't work.

Funny, it's seemed to work for me and few other people...
---
3DS: 5370-0900-3336(Ground: Trapinch, Nincada, Palpitoad)/Wii-U: NewZen41
#38woody71Posted 6/3/2014 12:35:12 PM
ThatGuyZ posted...

1.) I've gotten unlocks from playing VS mode midpoint and stopping, and the game gave me a notifier saying, "You unlocked such and such", so the point of you gaining nothing when you quit is false.

2.) When I first played the game, I got a part by the first GP I did in 100cc, so that's moot.

are you sure you havn't touched ANY other mode? no online/timetrial?
---
to the Grammar Police!-\/
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1062/50947440.gif
#39LerthyrPosted 6/3/2014 12:36:01 PM
So, what you're saying is that you have to race 2000 times if you're a solo player. Sweet!
---
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
#40Steven-Chase(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 12:44:48 PM(edited)
ThatGuyZ posted...

When did anyone say you don't gain anything when you quit?
And besides... NOTIFICATIONS STACK. Read the rest of the thread. You probably had one waiting and didn't know it, and the game won't TELL you until you back out to the main menu or finish a GP.

@#^*@^ ... (I've already responded to this in earlier posts...)

I did not unlock a part after my first GP. Some say they haven't. Others say they have. So we're not going to be able to agree on this unless someone erases their game save, starts a new game, finishes a GP, gets a part, and RECORDS the entire thing.

But I have a theory, and it's that the game doesn't start you at a coin total of zero. It seems "grasping at straws," but considering Mario Tennis Open didn't start you at zero coins, I don't think it's uncalled for by any means.

And, seriously. Sit down and do some math and tell me why you didn't unlock the Gold Glider after a day of playing.
---
http://www.steven-chase.com
http://www.megamanmonthly.com