Where are all the blue shells :( ?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Where are all the blue shells :( ?
2 years ago#1
In previous games; I just loved pounding say a first place player with a blue shell making them place 5 or 6th or something in the process LOL but I just can't seem to get some more of those in this game.

I picked up the blue turtle once or twice per 3 or 4 battles and that's not much fun. Is there something wrong with my game :( ?
2 years ago#2
Blue shells should really be only something 4th-6th get as its an item that is only really going to help them. Someone in 8th or lower really should be getting a Star, Golden Shroom, Bullet Bill or best of all, Lightning. Blue shells don't help someone in a bad place go any faster and catch up to the pack...

That said, I despise blue shells.
2 years ago#3
Those stuffs that Honorable mentioned are actually uncommon and very much less timing to appearing. I barely able to get Star in this game, while I did in MKWii recently, twice.
American Sign Language is my primary language.
Insult, berated and taunted other lowed your renowned civilian statue from into the bad people.
2 years ago#4
It's just rare that's all, people WERE complaining about it in the last couple of games, so they actually turned the frequency down this time.

Superhorns are also a somewhat rare sight as well as the Fire Flower, I don't think I barely gotten the Fire Flower at all.
FC: 3196-4054-9565
Ditto, loudred, lilipup
2 years ago#5
Nextgrandcross posted...
It's just rare that's all, people WERE complaining about it in the last couple of games, so they actually turned the frequency down this time.

Superhorns are also a somewhat rare sight as well as the Fire Flower, I don't think I barely gotten the Fire Flower at all.

Yeah, I just wish they reduce the frequency of Lightning as well - I kept got struck by it at least once per track, not cup...

Blue just come out each four tracks I raced in and bombed me all way to hell and hooked back to the track.
American Sign Language is my primary language.
Insult, berated and taunted other lowed your renowned civilian statue from into the bad people.
2 years ago#6
Nintendo nerfed the blue shells because of babby's whining all the time not understanding how balancing it was.
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
2 years ago#7
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Nintendo nerfed the blue shells because of babby's whining all the time not understanding how balancing it was.

Those shells were balancing? I thought all they did was nerf a leading player though I guess that is pretty balancing.
2 years ago#8
That's not balancing at all. That's penalizing a player for being better. I can't believe you're actually whining that you don't see them as often now.
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce GT 540m
2 years ago#9
strongo9 posted...
That's not balancing at all. That's penalizing a player for being better. I can't believe you're actually whining that you don't see them as often now.

Apparently wondering = whining. LOL

Not very socially skilled are you pal?
2 years ago#10
I don't know - AI racers seem to get it all the damn time against me though.
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN/Steam - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ battle.net - cynicalsaint#1360
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Where are all the blue shells :( ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived